Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On BBC4 atm. Was on earlier in the year and an absolute awesome watch. Gives me goosebumps watching these guys drive. Group B cars must be some of the best cars ever to compete in Motorsport at all! Just makes me wish I was about in the 80s to see them myself!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I was an apprentice Ford mechanic at Quicks of Chester when the Lombard RAC rally used to stop for overnight scrutineering at the garage i was working at. I still remember the noise of the cars coming into the garage and up onto the roof car park we had, for me the Metro 6R4 noise was frightening and seeing Hannu Mikkola and Stig Blomquvist in their cars was the closest i had ever been to superstars at that time

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
mmmm yes I went to see the group B's in the 80's at the RAC rally , simply awesome cars.
you could hear them coming about a mile away!!!

RS200, 6R4 to name a couple.

loved watching it yesterday.
except the part when the RS200 ploughed into the crowd.

·
Registered
729 Posts
it was an awesome program last night, even the missus enjoyed it!
sad about the accidents that happened but boy would it have been exceeelent to be there to watch them races.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
gutted i missed it will try and find it on iplayer.

iv been lucky to watch these great rally cars in the welsh stages the best beast i have ever seen was darion t9 kit rally car it 850bhp
with 2 massive turbos.
but andy burtons pug 306 takes a lot of beating

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gutted i missed it will try and find it on iplayer.

iv been lucky to watch these great rally cars in the welsh stages the best beast i have ever seen was darion t9 kit rally car it 850bhp
with 2 massive turbos.
but andy burtons pug 306 takes a lot of beating
Have seen Burtons 306 numerous times up in Dalby forest and it sounds an absolute monster. You could always tell when it was on its way lol. That and the few 6r4s that have been up there always gave me goosebumps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts