1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
the DA6 will do exactly the same job as the meguires one so id save some money and get the DA6 ,i have one and find it as good as mates meguires one ,in fact he said the other week he wishes hed of saved the money and had the DA6 .
hope this helps you

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lovely jubbly thats exactly what i wanted to hear lol.

Do you reckon theres a high risk of damaging the pain finish at all, are these machines really harsh or anything? The neighbours already think im wearing the paint thin as it is without being out there for hours with one of these!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
i doubt you damage the paint etc etc as there not realy harsh enough to do any damage as such and seem to be fine machines for begginers ,ive moved on to a makita machine now that has three smaller heads and is more powerfull as i seem to be doing a few cars for friends etc etc ,the machine has payed for itself already so cant complain .
but getting back to the DA6 its fine wont do any damage unless you are a complete idiot ,just take things nice and slow and follow the instructions carefully and youl be ok .

·
Registered
675 Posts
As stated above. The DA polishers dont generate enough heat to cause damage. This is a good thing. The downsides to DA polishers is that they take a lot longer to correct a panel. A rotary polisher will do it in a lot less time but you have to know what your doing as they generate enough heat to burn through to the primer in seconds. I too use the Makita and its an excellent piece of kit and gives amazing finishes.

The DA machine is a good place to start and either of the ones your looking at will do the job. As a little tip, Its a good idea to draw a single thick line from the centre of the backing plate to the outer edge. By doing this it gives you a good indication of how much pressure your using as the harder you press, the pad will rotate less and just judder. You will see what I meant when you start.

Good luck, and get some photos up when youve had a a shot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts