Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some views/advice on the above.

Been using Windows for years but am loving the look of the MBP - not really worried about getting used to a new operating system but does anyone on here have one?

What are they like performance wise? Only really going to use for web browsing and basic office app type usage and downloading etc, not games or webdesign.

Also, screen size - I have seen some smaller (10" admittedly) screens on a windows os and the os screens are not resized to the screen - web pages look messy as well on them, any issues like this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE(sureshot2109 @ 30 Jan 2010, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Need some views/advice on the above.

Been using Windows for years but am loving the look of the MBP - not really worried about getting used to a new operating system but does anyone on here have one?

What are they like performance wise? Only really going to use for web browsing and basic office app type usage and downloading etc, not games or webdesign.

Also, screen size - I have seen some smaller (10" admittedly) screens on a windows os and the os screens are not resized to the screen - web pages look messy as well on them, any issues like this?

Thanks in advance.

I have a 15" MBP had mine around 2 years I think now. Will never go back to a PC, no virus, no crashing, No spyware and they just work!

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
i just got a 15.4" MBP 2.8GHz and its IMMENSE!! I have no previous Apple/Mac usage no was a total noob at it, managed to get it all running really easy! Snow Leoperd (sp?) is great. Internet is MILES faster than on my PC using the same broadband connection. The macbook itself is ready to use within 15 secs of turning it on, it powers down in about 5 secs. Apps open fast, don't stick, doesnt crash, have so far not been able to overload it running loads of apps at once, not small ones either, im talking PS, Dreamweaver, In-Design, illustrator, fireworks the lot!

In short, if you can afford the MASSIVE price they are, then go for it. Seems abit pointless to only ever use it to browse the web and the occassional word doc considering you can get a well specced lappy for under £1k that will more than do all that, but its still not gonna be as cool as a MBP

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
My SO bought one and loves it.... mostly because I have no idea how to work it so dont touch it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts