Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Confirmed as 13th March

Been looking at routes and its about 7 1/2 hours driving. the routes is from Uxbridge onto the M4 to Barry Island then a drive up into the brecon beacons to Becon and a nice drive through the valleys, then to Abergavenny then home. What do people think of this?

Would recommend have a co-pilot for the drive as well to help navigate.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&sad dr=UB8+2RP&daddr=Barry,+South+Glamorgan,+UK+to:brecon+to:abergavenn y+to:UB8+2RP&hl=en&geocode=FfpeEgMdNIf4_ymzHeZXa252SDG_N3R_aYJg Og%3BFdFlEAMd2iXO_ymx39XgTARuSDE3ijr3SWAfkA%3BFR2nGAMdpEPM_ym3LzVpUiluS DHZ_ZZv1p5wmg%3BFdHIFgMdlOfR_yk7EpA65CduSDH6xiAq67XxfQ%3B&mra=ls&am p;sll=51.67704,-1.992965&sspn=1.32504,3.674927&ie=UTF8&ll=5 1.863772,-3.166122&spn=0.318868,0.617294&z=11

Link for the route on google. Think we will aim to meet up at 0800. then drive to barry and get some food and refuel the cars ready for the brecon run. i think with stopping were looking at around 12 hours in total.

can people please confirm if they are coming.

adam

possible attending.

Streetsleeper( confirmed)
neil2000(confirmed)
steveuk(confirmed?)
kittkarr
gashead(confirmed)
Liamst1
badsi(confirmed)

STOC

attending

Philjb(maybe)
Nige (confirmed)
Mart170
david_txr(confirmed)
david.prewett
kevjury (confirmed)

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
QUOTE(streetsleeper @ 1 Feb 2010, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thinking in march of having an m4 run maybe from west london up to Barry, one weekend if anyone is up for this?
few stops along the way to meet up and then bit of a drive in wales?

Possible dates the 13-14 march or the 20-21 march.

once we have an idea of who is attending can sort times out and possible drive in the beacons.

adam

Adam sounds like a great idea, put me down as a possible for either dates.

Never been to Barry island before.

·
Registered
773 Posts
20-21 March works for us so a tentative yes (until I have had a chance to speak to his Lordship
). Shame it's not going from Billericay tho - you could've called it the 'Gavin and Stacey run'!!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I'll be interested in this
though won't know for sure whether I can make the dates till nearer the time.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was thinking that but for west London to much hassle to drive there then back lol if enough from Essex wanna come then you guys could do that

Adam

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am thinking of staying over night in Barry if anyone else in interested, I've never been before and it's a good excuse for a night out

Neil.

·
1,285 Posts
Adam...

13th is no good for us as I am late shift at work... sorry mate. Can you remove lawwast from the list

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
The glamourous Barry Island eh. Us Welsh Guys and Gal's are always looking to meet up with fellow
'ers. See what anyone comes up with but I'll be there at Barry Sea front to greet you guy's.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Croeso Y Gymru guy's and girls
. Always good to see fellow members coming across to Wales. If you are going to Barry Island make sure you go to the Italian ice cream parlour on the sea front. You may even see Stacey working there

Keep you're eye's peeled for Dave's Couches too. I regularly see it being driven around the valleys (I kid you not).

I'm sure that a few of us will make it to Brecon or Barry to meet up with you all.

By the way, as you're in the area, I have a Rolling Road day planned at GotBoost in Llandow on the 14th of March. Llandow is only approx. 30 - 40 minutes away from Barry, so if your intere
ed, why not pop along to meet some of the guys getting their cars on the rollers. If you want to join us, then please drop me a pm, or post to this link: http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/Rolling-Ro...-Su-t60249.html

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sounds like a good run, will let you know a bit closer to the time

QUOTE(LawwaST @ 2 Feb 2010, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Shame it's not going from Billericay tho - you could've called it the 'Gavin and Stacey run'!!

It was all filmed in
only thing were proud of

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Think there around 10-15 roughly so far need to update list when I'm at home as it's hard to do on iPhone but more the merrier

Adam

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Count me in too. Lets try to get some more South Wales members to come. I'm meeting up with Johnpro tomorrow afternoon, so I'll mention it to him

1 - 20 of 41 Posts