Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Everynow and again the lock on the boot goes mental and starts clicking and unlocking it's self. This happens when driving and when stationary. The only way to stop it is to lock the doors but as soon as I unlock the doors it goes mental again. The fault usually lasts a few days then goes away for ages the returns again. Anyone else had this problem and knows how to fix it?
Cheers

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Worth having a chat with a decent dealer I would think - there have been some changes made to the design of the boot latch through the life of the Focus so this may be familiar to them

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
This is an old one and I can't remember but I think the problem is due to water getting into a relay or plug connector. I can't remember where though sorry

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Happened to mine 2 days before its 2nd service !!!!!

Faulty boot switch was the cause. They replaced it with the new type replacement which felt different to the touch and i beleive is now to cars 57 / 08 onwards !!!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
QUOTE(markransom @ 29 Jan 2010, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cheers thanks for that, is it an expensive job?

Free under warranty !!!

Im not sure what the retail is outside of warranty as i was fortunate enough to get it done whilst it was still covered mate !! I would guess around £30 but we know what the dealers are like !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts