Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a bad note today i lost my job what a total

On a happy note iam at the moment a st owner, but going to be putting it up for sale provisonally

unsure if iam allowed to post like this but iam a trained floor layer from fitting a front room carpet, Karndean, and to fitting vynal up walls(cove up).

If any one whats some flooring fitting let me know.
As i say can fit all floor coverings from front rooms to the school classroom.

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
151 Posts
I sympathise completely as I was also made redundant today. Chin up bud and hope you don't have to sell up

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Sorry to hear that Steve, have you thought about going it on your own? might be worth a go, advert in your local paper etc, i hope something comes along for you soon.

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
Sorry to hear you guy's have lost your jobs. Fingers crossed something will pop up in the near future for the both of you

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thats pooooo for you and MrB, hang on in there with ST, you never know whats around the corner

Cheers

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
QUOTE(gtjunior @ 25 Jan 2010, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>On a bad note today i lost my job what a total

On a happy note iam at the moment a st owner, but going to be putting it up for sale provisonally

unsure if iam allowed to post like this but iam a trained floor layer from fitting a front room carpet, Karndean, and to fitting vynal up walls(cove up).

If any one whats some flooring fitting let me know.
As i say can fit all floor coverings from front rooms to the school classroom.

Cheers
Steve

I do the same job mate and only worked 2 full days since before Christmas and I think it's time for me to find something new, as you know most if not all Carpet firms are pretty quiet at the moment so as Phil said put ads in the local paper and the local shop/cafe windows

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
that stinks guys! really hope something turns up for both of you. as they say, when one door closes another one opens. really hope you both get sorted soon. stevie.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Cheers everyone. The thing with the local papers etc THERE FULL of people in my buisness but what do i change to as there seems to be nothing to change to. I Have put the st up for sale but its totaly my pride & joy but i do have a morgage and partner so i need to think of making them 100% Safe. Ill just have to get the rs or family evo next so should work out iam not work shy like certain people, so iam happy shoveling
to pay bills if thats what it takes.

MR B what job did u do?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(thestumper @ 25 Jan 2010, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thats bad news about the job Steve, hope you get something sorted soon.

Roll on the rolling road day and the trip to new york over xmas thank god ive set aside and paid for the trip. Happy days Thinking positive is the way forward. Like i say anyone wanting some flooring doing ill do it

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
QUOTE(gtjunior @ 25 Jan 2010, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Roll on the rolling road day and the trip to new york over xmas thank god ive set aside and paid for the trip. Happy days Thinking positive is the way forward. Like i say anyone wanting some flooring doing ill do it

Best way to be mate... just keep going and keep smiling.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Sorry to hear that guys, as everyone else has said, hope something comes up soon. As long as you have the right attitude, which you do, something will come your way!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sorry to hear that guys

I can sympathise as my Mrs leaves her job tomorrow after being made redundant

I was told last week that my job is moving to Birmingham - i can keep it but i have to travel there at my own expense !

next move is they force you into a
job that you hate and then manage you out / wait for you to leave - they dont have to pay you off this way!

after 'downsizing' to the BM from the
it looks like i'll be selling her now..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks for all the good wishes people. Looks like there is something on the horizon (April) so a couple of months out then hopefully a new start.

Best of luck in finding some work Steve

1 - 20 of 20 Posts