Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im not imagining it, since fitting a bailey dv26 dumpvalve to my 2008 st2 im having problems, 1, the turbo isnt winding up as early in the rev range and it is holding back when in high revs, also the turbo whistle is clearly louder from inside the car, could this be due to incorrect fitting? would appreciate help from a professional before i bin the dumpvalve and go back to standard... cheers

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
hi mate. check everything is really tight. sounds like you have a leak somewhere. i had the same problem with my collins d/v.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Dream Weaver @ 19 Jan 2010, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You defo have a leak, my dv26 didn't affect performance.

thanks, had it refitted by a garage today, noise is better, but they also agree after test driving that there is a definate flat spot just as the turbo winds up, it sort of slows slightly then huge kick of boost. told me to remap it and that might do the trick? im wondering if its anything to do with the k&n induction kit, as ive heard the recirculating dumpvalve puts waste boost back into the airbox, and with the k&n i have no airbox... any ideas??

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
i know this is'nt probably what you want to hear but, when my Collins DV was fitted there was no power loss at all, just loads more popping and banging.

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(jebrovia @ 19 Jan 2010, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thanks, had it refitted by a garage today, noise is better, but they also agree after test driving that there is a definate flat spot just as the turbo winds up, it sort of slows slightly then huge kick of boost. told me to remap it and that might do the trick? im wondering if its anything to do with the k&n induction kit, as ive heard the recirculating dumpvalve puts waste boost back into the airbox, and with the k&n i have no airbox... any ideas??

recirculating d/v puts waste boost back into the inlet manifold iirc, so no probs with your k&n

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(STu77 @ 19 Jan 2010, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i know this is'nt probably what you want to hear but, when my Collins DV was fitted there was no power loss at all, just loads more popping and banging.

may try a collins dumpvalve, can i put it in place of the baileys one?, or do i need another fitting kit? mine is a samco kit that came with the baileys. thanks

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(jebrovia @ 20 Jan 2010, 07:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>may try a collins dumpvalve, can i put it in place of the baileys one?, or do i need another fitting kit? mine is a samco kit that came with the baileys. thanks

collins is wider mate so won't fit. think you can buy an adaptor from samco. did you pull the kam fuse. its no26 under the bonnet, take it out for 30mins and this will clear any fault memory

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I have got a baileys on mine and no problems,

Well except i did not tighten the clips tight enough and a pipe came of on the way home from Ford Fair last year.

I think mine had a pressure issue that day (none at all)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
QUOTE(vicarofsheff @ 20 Jan 2010, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have got a baileys on mine and no problems,

Well except i did not tighten the clips tight enough and a pipe came of on the way home from Ford Fair last year.

I think mine had a pressure issue that day (none at all)

I'll vouch for that
. Thought Tony's engine had blown up on him while on the M1. Really glad it was nothing else thankfully

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just out of interest what exactly does a 'dump valve' do? I've heard bad things but that was told by clowns!

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
a d/v goes phwwwwwwst! it blows of unused boost from the turbo. the
has a recirculating d/v as standard. good for 380bhp iirc, this recycles the unused boost back into the intake manifold. an aftermarket d/v blows it into the atmosphere, hence the noise. really all your paying for is letting everyone hear it! some like it, some don't. im easy myself. its down to personal taste. hope this helps mate.

·
Registered
269 Posts
QUOTE(stingy @ 21 Jan 2010, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>a d/v goes phwwwwwwst! it blows of unused boost from the turbo. the
has a recirculating d/v as standard. good for 380bhp iirc, this recycles the unused boost back into the intake manifold. an aftermarket d/v blows it into the atmosphere, hence the noise. really all your paying for is letting everyone hear it! some like it, some don't. im easy myself. its down to personal taste. hope this helps mate.

Oh right.
I know the sound yeah, not for me tho. Just wondered if they did actually do a job and now i know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts