Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Iv joined on here to find out more about the ST before i buy one, having looked at the buyers guide it seems there not without there problems, a list of 'common problems' seems to concern me, are they that bad?
Im thinking of buying an 08 facelifted ST3, have ford addressed any of the problems on the new one?

Any 08 on owners had many problems?

Stu

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(STSTU @ 7 Feb 2010, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi,
Iv joined on here to find out more about the ST before i buy one, having looked at the buyers guide it seems there not without there problems, a list of 'common problems' seems to concern me, are they that bad?
Im thinking of buying an 08 facelifted ST3, have ford addressed any of the problems on the new one?

Any 08 on owners had many problems?

Stu

Not a single one, touch wood! Whats this common list you speak of? They do have problems but name me a car that doesnt.

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,488 Posts
I had a 56 plate for 3years not 1 problem now got a 58 plate coming up to 1 year old,you will get problems with every car at some time but you have warranty for any major problems

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
My 08's clutch is slipping, although that's because it's remapped. A number of people have had alternator failure around 30-40k and a couple of bods have had driveshaft issues. I think they are the main problems.

Apart from the above, what a perfect car!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.