Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all new here. Ive been looking for an ST for a while now not much popping up in Norwich. I went to have a look at one yesterday, Orange ST2, 2008 facelift, 33000 miles, top condition. They offered me £6800 for PX on my car which is pretty pants for a Civic Type R on 05 plate, can get £8000 elsewhere. Anyway theyve got it up for £14000 and said they would knock off £300 as theyve only just taken delivery and theyre repairing a few minor stone chips.

Does this price sound about right to you guys?

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
£14k sounds very high for an 08 car on that mileage, especially an ST-2. What options has it got on it? There are much better deals to be had out there - have you considered travelling a bit further to find the right car?

To put it in perspective, there's facelift ST-3s on Pistonheads with half the mileage for the same money.

In fact, here's an ST-2 in EO, facelift with only 6.5k miles for £14k... http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1506548.htm Might be worth speaking to dealers further away and picking up the car yourself one morning. Trust me, the drive back will be a fun one.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car is standard as far as i can tell, its had no tuning. I have thought about travelling to find the cheaper deals, but im put off by travelling miles and it turns out the pictures advertising are hiding scratches dents etc. Did you travel far to find yours? A friend of mine is a private dealer and hes found a white ST3 not far from norwich just waiting for dealer to take delivery, hes got all the details except the price. Ive been waiting a week now for news and im getting proper anxcious to get one, don't think i can wait much longer for him.

·
Registered
97 Posts
QUOTE(fini269 @ 28 Feb 2010, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The car is standard as far as i can tell, its had no tuning. I have thought about travelling to find the cheaper deals, but im put off by travelling miles and it turns out the pictures advertising are hiding scratches dents etc. Did you travel far to find yours? A friend of mine is a private dealer and hes found a white ST3 not far from norwich just waiting for dealer to take delivery, hes got all the details except the price. Ive been waiting a week now for news and im getting proper anxcious to get one, don't think i can wait much longer for him.

If you do not wait for him can you let me know the details?! I have been looking around ipswich, so you are not far from me.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I'm in Norwich as well, and I'm looking for an ST-3. There's genuinely very little about locally, though there was a blue ST-2 at Auto Devotion on Hall Rd last week for just over 9k,( I suspect it's now been sold mind), and a grey ST-3 at Dereham Rd for just under 11k.

Anyway, as everyone else has said, don't just look locally, otherwise you'll pay over the odds for a car which may not match up to the exact spec you want. A days journey to get the right car can save you hundreds, if not thousands, of pounds, and you'll know you got the one you wanted, rather than the one which was easiest and most convenient.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AndyK, yeh i will let you know the details if I don't wait for him, but hopefully i will here somthing early this week coming, dealer was supposed to be taking delivery this weekend fingers crossed.

Yeh if I dont have any luck with the two ive mentioned I will look at traveling further away, theres a few kickin about around colchester so might make a saturday of it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
QUOTE(fini269 @ 28 Feb 2010, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>AndyK, yeh i will let you know the details if I don't wait for him, but hopefully i will here somthing early this week coming, dealer was supposed to be taking delivery this weekend fingers crossed.

Yeh if I dont have any luck with the two ive mentioned I will look at traveling further away, theres a few kickin about around colchester so might make a saturday of it.

Nice one, if he sorts you out pass on the info anyway, many irons in many fires and all that!

There is a white one at Colchester on for £14750 I had a look at, lovely car but I thought a little overpriced, couple of slight dinks in the wheels.

There is also an 08 plate blue one at Claydon for £14000, although this has a smashed foglight and the alloys are far from pristine.

There are 3 at John Grose in Ipswich, Gunmetal Grey, Black and one I cannot remember.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(AndyK @ 28 Feb 2010, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice one, if he sorts you out pass on the info anyway, many irons in many fires and all that!

There is a white one at Colchester on for £14750 I had a look at, lovely car but I thought a little overpriced, couple of slight dinks in the wheels.

There is also an 08 plate blue one at Claydon for £14000, although this has a smashed foglight and the alloys are far from pristine.

There are 3 at John Grose in Ipswich, Gunmetal Grey, Black and one I cannot remember.

Yeh i will do mate, keep you updated on how I get on. Is the white one at lawes garage with side stripes? If so ive seen it on ebay, I thought the same a bit to pricey but the white ones seems so rare and i rekon dealers know that so they can be sneaky n slap on an extra 1-1.5k. Will check out John Grose aswell.

Im finding this forum pretty helpful, don't feel so alone in the search.

·
Registered
97 Posts
QUOTE(fini269 @ 28 Feb 2010, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeh i will do mate, keep you updated on how I get on. Is the white one at lawes garage with side stripes? If so ive seen it on ebay, I thought the same a bit to pricey but the white ones seems so rare and i rekon dealers know that so they can be sneaky n slap on an extra 1-1.5k. Will check out John Grose aswell.

Im finding this forum pretty helpful, don't feel so alone in the search.

Yes thats the one. He said he could not move too much on the price, so it is more a case what a trade in can be haggled to.

Very nice car, I think it is a July 08, with 26k miles, which I thought was plenty for the age.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Probably not worth going to see it if hes not swayin much with the asking price, I hope i get myself one soon because im started to obsess with searchin and getting addicted to this forum, not healthy.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I hear that!

Irritatingly if I had started looking a week or so ago I may have been sorted!

Well good luck with the search, let me know your guys details sometime.

G

·

Silver 07 plate for 12500?

Black one is sold, and so is the 5 door facelift

1 - 13 of 13 Posts