Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a focus st2 do you think i will be able to pick a good one up for 9000?just my insurance is 2500 so need to try get one for about 9000

Cheerz Danny

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
I would think you could pick an early 55 plate for £9k. Perhaps even an 06 plate. But i reckon it would need to be a private sale. Not a dealer.

Cars have been sold in our classified section for less.

If you buy privately make sure the car has not been modified as this will increase the insurance, or even make the car uninsurable due to your age.

Allan

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
QUOTE(danny20 @ 7 Feb 2010, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am looking to buy a focus st2 do you think i will be able to pick a good one up for 9000?just my insurance is 2500 so need to try get one for about 9000

Cheerz Danny

Just on the insurance front, have you tried Admerial, Bell or Elephant? they'e normally pretty good for young drivers

·
Registered
261 Posts
QUOTE(adgieman @ 8 Feb 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and i moaned paying £500 this year, 9 years ncb, protected, low excess and the misses as 2nd driver, like she ever does!

I paid same £500 with 12y ncb (but they only go up to 9!! Damn them!) But only me as a driver. But £2500 I would tell them to check the date as it aint April 1st yet!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
QUOTE(danny20 @ 7 Feb 2010, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am looking to buy a focus st2 do you think i will be able to pick a good one up for 9000?just my insurance is 2500 so need to try get one for about 9000

Cheerz Danny

well you'll certainly be able to get one but why bother? Why not just throw your money down the drain and save the hassle

I would suggest a Fez ST would suit you better ...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Makes my insurance price wonderful,only paying £330,fully comp,full ncb

If you want the car bad enough,you'll pay whatever for insurance,I paid 2k when i was 18 for a fiesta rs turbo,my parents thought i was nuts,but nobody was going to talk me out of it

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,446 Posts
just make sure you have enough spare cash to run it mate.
's drink petrol like you would'nt believe!
mines showing 17mpg at the minute, doing short town trips! fords figures are utter
just something to be aware of.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.