Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and wondered if anyone can help me find a 'good' ST - maybe someone in this community is selling one. Preferably a white or black on under £4K

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
MK3.5 ST-2 (Frozen White)
182 Posts
If you can get one for that price you’re doing well. I’d be prepared to add at least another 10k…..

·
Premium Member
2006 mk2 5 door pfl in performance blue, CP320
1,233 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and wondered if anyone can help me find a 'good' ST - maybe someone in this community is selling one. Preferably a white or black on under £4K

Any suggestions?
5 plus would get you something OK with the MK2, get lots of history , avoid the cheap ones as it will get expensive.

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
331 Posts
I agree with the above, nothing under 5K. I got mine for 3K and its been nothing but hell, has paper work from day one but there are so many problems.

Do your research on here, then once you know what you want try the dealers best known for not ripping people off, you may get lucky and buy one from someone whos looked after theirs and needs the money due to living cost going up or needs a bigger car.

The st-2/3 points to your not sure which one as they are closely the same but they do have their own parts as st-3 is facelife (if i'm right) and not all st-2 parts fit.

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
Mk2 is the model
Prefacelift is something like 2005 to 2007
Facelift is 2007 ish up to when the Mk3 started
ST 1 ST2 ST3 are trim levels .

So mine is a 2006 Mk2 St with ST3 trim, leather xenons etc, and is a pfl..... 5 door

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
1,588 Posts
Colour and number of doors, make a difference in price, five door cars are less desirable so therefore seem to sell for a little less, orange, blue and pearl white are more desirable colours, so can sell for more, you will find black easier to find than white, ST3 has climate control and heated leather over the ST2.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Colour and number of doors, make a difference in price, five door cars are less desirable so therefore seem to sell for a little less, orange, blue and pearl white are more desirable colours, so can sell for more, you will find black easier to find than white, ST3 has climate control and heated leather over the ST2.
Dual Climate control was an optional extra on an MK2 ST whether it was 1 2 or a 3

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
Dual Climate control was an optional extra on an MK2 ST whether it was 1 2 or a 3
Yes this is correct, although mine is an ST3 with leather and xenons at has manual aircon, tight ******* didn't even spec electric rear windows 😭
Other goodies would be spaces saver spare, sunroof, parking sensors, autolights. Probably loads of other bits too.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Yes this is correct, although mine is an ST3 with leather and xenons at has manual aircon, tight *** didn't even spec electric rear windows 😭
Other goodies would be spaces saver spare, sunroof, parking sensors, autolights. Probably loads of other bits too.
I would have liked a sunroof

·
Registered
402 Posts
Didnt relise there was so many different specs, mines an st3 and has

Dual cliamte
Xenons
Auto lights and wipers
Bluetooth with sony headunit

No spare or sunroof though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts