Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi

Basically my ST is poorly, very poorly and I need some help, it had a new turbo 15k (6 months) ago (second hand actually because after 61k ford told me to get lost on a warranty claim and asked for £2k!) and now its making the same noise..

I'm looking for some trustworthy help and I don't mind paying for the full membership if thats the sort of thing it'll get me? Sory to sound mercinary but I love my car and its costing me a lot at the moment!

If its any help I'm around southampton.. I'm not trying to solicit help without paying I just want to know I might find someone I can trust!

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
419 Posts
You only need to look around mate to see the wealth of help that's available on here. Your membership will be repaid many times over.
And Richie's given you some great advice above.

Oh, and welcome aboard

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
Hello Matt, it will be the best tenner you'll ever spend. The club discounts alone are worth the money.
We have loads of knowledgeable members, with years of ownership.
If you can't find what you need on the site, someone will know were to find it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 23 Nov 2009, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello Matt, it will be the best tenner you'll ever spend. The club discounts alone are worth the money.
We have loads of knowledgeable members, with years of ownership.
If you can't find what you need on the site, someone will know were to find it.

cheers mate

yeah good chance of me doing that

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I haven't seen anyone on here with a problem that hasn't been fixed or pointed in the right direction to getting it fixed. To get all the info on the ST it will cost you £10. By spending £10 you will be able to view all of the club including the areas that might help you

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok you got me!

I just tried upgrading and it said it was out of stock???

The other issue is I'm in kind of a rush because this has happened

Would my membership get upgraded in time for tomorrow do you think? Alternatively does anyone know someone around southampton i could go and speak to about the problem? This is effectively my company car so being grounded is a bit of an issue.

·
Registered
204 Posts
that sounds like the scoob when i had to start it with only the down pipe on

could your flex on the exhaust be split or have you blown a downpipe gasket jack it up and have a squint underneath or get a big rag two actually and block the tail pipes off and if exhaust burst you will hear it no probs

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE(Si @ 23 Nov 2009, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Had you been a full member 6 months ago I could have flogged you a 2nd hand turbo

See...Quality advise, just whats needed at the mo,...

On a more serious note, take it from me that tenna is the best thing you will ever do for your ST, (apart from the 10 grands worth of mods you will now get caught up in).

Gary at Profile Automotive (Wolf/Code Red) is a great bit of advise, you will not go wrong there.

Morego are alot closer for you : -Phone: +44 (0) 1280 700700 they are in Brackley, Northants, NN13 7DY

or there is pumabuild in Birmingham.

Oh and welcome.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
QUOTE(SpacemanST @ 23 Nov 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>how does the car actually drive any smoke?

or the like how is the boost sitting?

is it a standard car?

yeah totally standard, boost seems normal and I haven't seen any smoke... just the noise on startup, thats the only symptom, to be fair that was the only symptom the first time round too.

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
QUOTE(matt100 @ 23 Nov 2009, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ok you got me!

I just tried upgrading and it said it was out of stock???

The other issue is I'm in kind of a rush because this has happened

Would my membership get upgraded in time for tomorrow do you think? Alternatively does anyone know someone around southampton i could go and speak to about the problem? This is effectively my company car so being grounded is a bit of an issue.

To purchase Owner Membership, follow this link:

http://www.fordstoc.com/shop/categories.php?cat=41

Most upgrades to owner membership status are done within 24 hours. But can take up to 4 days.

Allan

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thank you very much! Its on its way down there now.

I'm going to get my membership sorted, great community you have here.. very helpful!

And the chap at tremona just said its not the turbo due to the pitch rising and dropping directly in line with the rpm... if this turns out to be either a long term fault ford failed to diagnose or something small they missed when deciding it was a dead turbo I'll be down hendys going absolutely mental.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
QUOTE(matt100 @ 24 Nov 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thank you very much! Its on its way down there now.

I'm going to get my membership sorted, great community you have here.. very helpful!

And the chap at tremona just said its not the turbo due to the pitch rising and dropping directly in line with the rpm... if this turns out to be either a long term fault ford failed to diagnose or something small they missed when deciding it was a dead turbo I'll be down hendys going absolutely mental.

Hello and

From what I have heard the guys at Tremona Garage really know there stuff so your car will be in good hands

I would be taking my camera with me as there will be some amazing Fords at their place...and check how clean their workshop is,they have a spotless place from what I gather...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts