Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once I finally get my steering sorted out I thought i'd start treating the car a little bit.

Now, i'm not planning to go as mad as I did on my mk2 (at least I hope not). So i've just got myself a new Steeda 26mm RARB to replace the standard 22mm one.

Bought it online Monday night and turned up this morning, now fighting the temptation to fit until March when I get my insurance renewal.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's a slippery slop though mate
once you've started!
I hope i've not walked in any slippery slop

The money i've spent on buying the car was supposed to be towards moving out, so won't be doing too much this time.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
IS that an american company?

I was reading on an american forum that the euro and american st's have different rear arbs......

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,078 Posts
Looks good John....but as Ryan said , your on that slippery slope again

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Well......today was the day. The weather had cleared up enough to be able to tinker and now that my steering rack has been replaced means I wouldn't have to worry.

I have fitted my Vibratechnics mount along with the RARB and the difference is huge. Going to give the mount a week or so to settle and see how it feels as the vibrations at the min are more noticable than on my mk2.

Standard 22mm against new Steeda 26mm

Some work in progress

You can tell the rear has become more rigid when you take out the one of the axle stands and jack and it does this

I need to get out on a longer run now and get a true idea of how she's going but so far all

·
Registered
649 Posts
looks good alough i have to ask why you had a block of wood behind the front wheel. if its a wheel stop from the angle of your drive i would say it should be infront of the wheel.

other than that get out and get it tested.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
looks good alough i have to ask why you had a block of wood behind the front wheel. if its a wheel stop from the angle of your drive i would say it should be infront of the wheel.

other than that get out and get it tested.
The angle of the pic is deceptive, the drive slopes back towards the house
you'll see in another pic where the path is flat and starts to be built up.

I'm hopeful to be out most of tomorrow

1 - 15 of 15 Posts