Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
I fitted some uprated xenon bulbs the other day, but they now appear to be pointing much lower than before.

At the minute, I'm not sure if this is because of the bulbs, or because the car was in the air (for another reason) and the sensors have gone wonky.

Does anyone have the measurements that a light's beam should conform to?

I remember reading something before saying something along the lines of "if the car is x metres away, the top of the light projection should be y cm off of the floor".

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
I thought it was something.like the car should be 4 meters from a wall and the Beam should be between 650 and 750mm high on that wall. More importantly is the beam.spread tho, I adjusted mine up and it needed to be altered for the mot as it inadvertidly spread too much to the near side.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
I thought it was something.like the car should be 4 meters from a wall and the Beam should be between 650 and 750mm high on that wall. More importantly is the beam.spread tho, I adjusted mine up and it needed to be altered for the mot as it inadvertidly spread too much to the near side.
That sounds a good start. Cheers. I've only noticed as the lights adjust down when I turn them on, not up. Last time I had this it was the levelling sensors though.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was the front right sensor. Phew.
Probably happened when coilovers were fitted a few weeks ago and only just noticed when fitted new bulbs and were checking them out.

So sorry to anyone whose wondered WTF is going on with my headlights over the past three weeks!

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Clearly! Everyone else mustn't use them!

It's a good job I wrote a great "How To" many months ago. Came in handy

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Right mine seem to be doing the same. Can barely see in front of me at night.

Had the clutch fitted on friday, and the battery was taken out. Could this have something to do with it?

Where is the sensor located?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts