Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read posts that refer to there being two screws to adjust the headlights with one being for height and the other side to side.

Just tried last night as my lights seem to point about a car length in front of me but there is only one screw and despite turning it a fair bit it did not seem to make a bit of difference. Anyone else with a new ST check their lights and let me know if they can find both screws?

The one I did find possible changes left to right as I noticed a very small change of the light on the front of the glass but that was a fair bit of turning for a tiny tiny change which could not be seen on the actuall beam on the road.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never looked behind the light, only around the top, will go looksee again.

Thinking I should see more than a couple of car lengths in front of me without having to put on mainbeam, esp as its a clear line on the road where the light stops, its not just running out...

G

·
QUOTE(AlanK @ 5 Feb 2010, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Never looked behind the light, only around the top, will go looksee again.

Thinking I should see more than a couple of car lengths in front of me without having to put on mainbeam, esp as its a clear line on the road where the light stops, its not just running out...

Hi mate,

How did you get on with your adjustments ?

I had the same problem with mine the lights were way to low, I gave up with the
adjustments, in the end I went to my local MOT place paid them £5 and the lined them up good and proper, can see much better and the coverage on the road is miles better, hardly use main beam.

Rob

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(robert461 @ 18 Feb 2010, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi mate,

How did you get on with your adjustments ?

I had the same problem with mine the lights were way to low, I gave up with the
adjustments, in the end I went to my local MOT place paid them £5 and the lined them up good and proper, can see much better and the coverage on the road is miles better, hardly use main beam.

Rob

Well I think the lights have changed as the screw to adjust them was not where the pic in the other post showed, I did however find it and was able to adjust them back down after the garage had them lighting up the sky.

They are better but I am gonna play again on a flat road as I found that as you adjust them, they move a little, you then drive, they move a bit more. So I went from sky to 2 feet road back to sky several times before I averaged it out. Cars have stopped flashing at me now at least.

·
Registered
689 Posts
My lights are really low, I asked my dealer to reset them on the last service but it appears they haven't bothered, so I called back in and they have agreed to reset them with the computer for me next week so will hopefully see an improvement.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
QUOTE(Jackal @ 18 Feb 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My lights are really low, I asked my dealer to reset them on the last service but it appears they haven't bothered, so I called back in and they have agreed to reset them with the computer for me next week so will hopefully see an improvement.

thats what i did, i rang up for a price to reset them and was qouted an hours labour, so i rang back the next day and said my xenons had stopped self levelling and they set them at the right height for free

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.