Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

Not the most pleasant question i have ever posted on here but i know there are a few police officers and lawyers on the forum. I have a friend who was kicked out of her parents accomodation in December and has been staying with an ex boyfriend who she is still friends with (but still likes her). Anyway last monday when she was staying there he had got angry with her being on her phone to her mate and snatched the phone from her and held it behind his back, when she tried to argue it out and get it back he smacked her across the face hard enough that her friend heard it on the phone stating afterwards "I've been wanting to do that for ages now". I have told her to report it however she says there is no point as there is no proof, what in your opinions is the best move from here as i dont see really, if the story is how she says it is, how he can get away with that kinda thing,

any opinions would be much appriciated,

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Always report stuff like that to the Police. They WILL take it seriously. If he starts with smacking her across the face, where will he end up? Tell her to report it and get her friend she was on the phone to to give her side of what she heard.

Also, I'd be inclined to tell her parents; surely they'd feel even the slightest bit guilty that they'd forced their daughter into the home of someone who was hitting her? She needs to get out of where she's living too.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Gav,

Thanks very much for taking the time to read my question and reply. She has since gone back to her parents and completely deleted and blocked all contact with this guy, I will however tell her it is important that she reports the incident and gets her friend to back her up, I just wasnt sure what the best course of action was :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your messages of support guys, really appriciate it. I have passed on what you have all said to her and try and convince her it is worth contacting the police, thanks again though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.