Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive taken my st to the garage for a check after having it a week and 2 fornt tyres are worn right down on the inside that i missed and the right rear has a flat spot and the left rear alloy has a crack in it! The garage arent willing to help pay the costs of the repair only saying they will give me £25-30 for each wheel as they say i should have noticed this on purchasing. I was hoping someone could give me some advice on how to proceed with this. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I'd contact your local Citizen's Advice Bureau, but it sounds like you might have a case as it wasn't sold 'fit for purpose'. I would think it's down to the garage to ensure that the car is both legal and roadworthy when they sell it to you.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
how long have you had the car for?
they garage should of done a pre sale check and if the tyres were worn then they would of noticed.
as an ex ford technician we always did a used car service/healthcheck before it was sold.

·
Registered
152 Posts
As swifty said above, contact CAB straight away, theyre very good and will tell you step by step how to proceed. Itll put ya mind to rest with expert advice instead o guesswork.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how long have you had the car for?
they garage should of done a pre sale check and if the tyres were worn then they would of noticed.
as an ex ford technician we always did a used car service/healthcheck before it was sold.
only

only had it a week mate propper miffed! trying to get on to CAB lines busy!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oky got some info from cab. basically i need to write them a letter quoting sales of goods act 1979!

thing is this will take ages especially as it this time of year!

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Maybe you could ring them up and quote the relevant sections from the act (linky) - take a look at part 2 paragraph 14. Might make them sit up and take notice, then if you have no joy you'll have to write them a letter to make sure you start a paper trail. Send it recorded as well.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Maybe you could ring them up and quote the relevant sections from the act (linky) - take a look at part 2 paragraph 14. Might make them sit up and take notice, then if you have no joy you'll have to write them a letter to make sure you start a paper trail. Send it recorded as well.
cheers mate ill try and scare them if not then this is the way ahead also as i paid a sum with my credit card i can ask for a dispute form and claim back some of the money if they take the wee anymore. that might sway them eh lol

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
cheers mate ill try and scare them if not then this is the way ahead also as i paid a sum with my credit card i can ask for a dispute form and claim back some of the money if they take the wee anymore. that might sway them eh lol
If you paid ANY of the amount by credit card then you can actually claim back the WHOLE amount from your credit card company under the Consumer Credit Act. Not a lot of people know that

·
Registered
152 Posts
At this point i wouldnt speak to them, email is better then you have all of the points on record. Its unlikely they'll roll over in a hurry. Keep at them n be patient.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts