Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to fit some LED front side lights and some rear number plate lights too.
Anybody had any experience and where can I buy the best ones as seen quite a lot of varying ones around.
Any help appreciated!!
Thanks.
Paul.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I got my number plate ones off ebay and my front ones from profile.

Think a lot of people recommend ultraleds as well though

·
Registered
467 Posts
QUOTE(blue17 @ 24 Jan 2010, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I want to fit some LED front side lights and some rear number plate lights too.
Anybody had any experience and where can I buy the best ones as seen quite a lot of varying ones around.
Any help appreciated!!
Thanks.
Paul.

i got mine from aceparts off of ebay they are brilliant nothing is too much trouble,hope this helps

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
QUOTE(dandyfat @ 24 Jan 2010, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i got mine from aceparts off of ebay they are brilliant nothing is too much trouble,hope this helps
so did i and fitted them yesterday, look very

·
Registered
86 Posts
Anyone have a view as to which is better out of the above(ace parts) and wolfmans sidelight bulbs(http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/Focus-St225-Xenon-Colour-Matched-Bulb-Gi-t38364.html) or are they pretty much the same colour match??????

Wolfmans are £9 each and ace parts is £7.99 for a pair- just wondering if anyone has an opinion/information

and ALSO- im after a set of festoons for the number plate- anyone know a good place or link for them, and am i right in thinking they are 36mm? Want the xenon look above the number plate- but the white look not chav blue!!

cheers guys

·
Registered
477 Posts
QUOTE(unclejimbo @ 25 Jan 2010, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anyone have a view as to which is better out of the above(ace parts) and wolfmans sidelight bulbs(http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/Focus-St225-Xenon-Colour-Matched-Bulb-Gi-t38364.html) or are they pretty much the same colour match??????

Wolfmans are £9 each and ace parts is £7.99 for a pair- just wondering if anyone has an opinion/information

and ALSO- im after a set of festoons for the number plate- anyone know a good place or link for them, and am i right in thinking they are 36mm? Want the xenon look above the number plate- but the white look not chav blue!!

cheers guys

Hello

I got all mine from Halfords, as I've said before they cost a little more but you can get your hands on them there and then, fit them in the car park, if theres anything wrong with them go back into the shop and exchange them, not that theres a lot to go wrong.

With regards to the rear number plate LED's there are a standard 501 type, the same as the rear interior, front side lights, front visor lights, boot lights, footwell lights and glove box light, the festoon one (capsul type) is for the main centre front interior light.

With the 501' you can get at least two types, single led or 4 led's, i've got the 4's in the footwell and singles everywhere else, that said I think you would be better off fitting the 4 led unit in the boot.

Hope this helps

Cheers

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
The very helpful Tony66 answered my question on this last night:

Please see below for his response, the numbers are the ebay item ID number, just paste them into ebay search and they'll come up.

"no plate= two 18 led festoon item no 220544067483, this is the same for the interior light (if you go for white)

side lights=two 501 with heatsink (with full beam on they wont melt) item no 200431105778

may i suggest getting these 501 18 led for the footwells they do red in these item no 190367631962 (i have these in blue and are very bright)"

Hope this helps

·
Registered
86 Posts
QUOTE(STEO @ 26 Jan 2010, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello

I got all mine from Halfords, as I've said before they cost a little more but you can get your hands on them there and then, fit them in the car park, if theres anything wrong with them go back into the shop and exchange them, not that theres a lot to go wrong.

With regards to the rear number plate LED's there are a standard 501 type, the same as the rear interior, front side lights, front visor lights, boot lights, footwell lights and glove box light, the festoon one (capsul type) is for the main centre front interior light.

With the 501' you can get at least two types, single led or 4 led's, i've got the 4's in the footwell and singles everywhere else, that said I think you would be better off fitting the 4 led unit in the boot.

Hope this helps

I see you have the face lift model- does an 06 not have 36mm festoons for the number plate holder??
Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts