Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mistake number 1 - Chasing power.

Mistake number 2 - Selling the ST.

Sold my old ST225 last August, by September I was missing it. Tried out several other marques but nothing got close. So I decided to give myself 6 months to see if it was just rose tinted glasses.

Fast forward to April and I realised I needed to get another 1. I looked at more dogs than live at Battersea, and suddenly had the bright idea of looking in the classifieds on here…..less than 36 hours later, I have my new one and couldn’t be happier.😊

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

·
Registered
Alan St500
2,370 Posts
Mistake number 1 - Chasing power.

Mistake number 2 - Selling the ST.

Sold my old ST225 last August, by September I was missing it. Tried out several other marques but nothing got close. So I decided to give myself 6 months to see if it was just rose tinted glasses.

Fast forward to April and I realised I needed to get another 1. I looked at more dogs than live at Battersea, and suddenly had the bright idea of looking in the classifieds on here…..less than 36 hours later, I have my new one and couldn’t be happier.😊

View attachment 907095
Nice to have you back bud 😘 we have missed you

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all, the forum member put a lot of time, effort and expense into this one. It has some extra toys that I was not expecting. It is not perfect, but damn close.

I wanted a Pearl White ideally, but looked at 1 and it was too far gone, so it had to be Sea Grey or Colorado Red, so welll chuffed when I found this one.

No further performance modification other than a RS air box, as I really don’t like Group A!

Happy with the power.

Lots of things personally have happened since I sold the ST, but one constant in my life is the Astra diesel that I use daily. 🤣

·
Registered
CP320
1,640 Posts
Thanks all, the forum member put a lot of time, effort and expense into this one. It has some extra toys that I was not expecting. It is not perfect, but damn close.

I wanted a Pearl White ideally, but looked at 1 and it was too far gone, so it had to be Sea Grey or Colorado Red, so welll chuffed when I found this one.

No further performance modification other than a RS air box, as I really don’t like Group A!

Happy with the power.

Lots of things personally have happened since I sold the ST, but one constant in my life is the Astra diesel that I use daily. 🤣
Are you going to stay with us this time mate? 😂

Fingers crossed you won't need it but one thing is for sure, you won't get better technical advice anywhere else (y)

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I only left after I sold my car and didn’t want to be reminded of the fact I had been stupid. The day it went I knew I had been stupid, but didn’t want to let the buyer down.

I ploughed £12k+ into my last car, and if it was not for this forum, I have no doubt it would of been a lot more.

I have made some brilliant friends thanks to this forum both in real life and on line, one member came down for a meal as he was working close by…..that cost me £148 🤣🤣

Went to another members wedding and what a cracking day and evening that was despite having to work early the following day!

I have appreciated all of the advice that I have been given, so I would be foolish to leave. I have always been an advocate of the forum and the technical expertise within it. What surprised me when looking for a new one is the amount of knowledge I had built up, what to look for and all of the red flags. I rang one member whilst looking at one for their opinion!

Still dont like the layout of the forum though. 🤣

·
Registered
487 Posts
Good to see you back andy, I dont comment that much on here but was surprised that you got rid! Good to see you back and look forward to seeing where you go with the new car... looks lovely BTW

·
Premium Member
2006 mk2 5 door pfl in performance blue, Collins CP2
1,523 Posts
So now this is your 2nd st what lessons you learnt from the first one would apply to the 2nd one, you mentioned not chasing power.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So now this is your 2nd st what lessons you learnt from the first one would apply to the 2nd one, you mentioned not chasing power.
Exactly that! I had 3 maps put on that car, various sets of wheels and changed every sensor in the car because it was 10 years old. I ended up with CP340, turbo went and went for the same standard turbo when it really needed a bigger one. Was it worth the new actuator, RS plugs and block mod for some 40hp more than I have now??

I did have to spend the best part of £3k putting garages mistakes right, so am aware of who to trust and who to avoid!

This is my third Focus ST, and only driven this one about 150 miles since I bought it, so still getting to know it’s quirks, but the driveshafts do need to be replaced, a sports car added and I have it booked with Nick Wiley for WRC vents to reduce the heat in the bay. Other than a few cosmetic things, the performance will stay the same unless I can acquire a dreamscience handset for cheap money.

·
Registered
Alan St500
2,370 Posts
I only left after I sold my car and didn’t want to be reminded of the fact I had been stupid. The day it went I knew I had been stupid, but didn’t want to let the buyer down.

I ploughed £12k+ into my last car, and if it was not for this forum, I have no doubt it would of been a lot more.

I have made some brilliant friends thanks to this forum both in real life and on line, one member came down for a meal as he was working close by…..that cost me £148 🤣🤣

Went to another members wedding and what a cracking day and evening that was despite having to work early the following day!

I have appreciated all of the advice that I have been given, so I would be foolish to leave. I have always been an advocate of the forum and the technical expertise within it. What surprised me when looking for a new one is the amount of knowledge I had built up, what to look for and all of the red flags. I rang one member whilst looking at one for their opinion!

Still dont like the layout of the forum though. 🤣
In my defence I tried to pay but as we were in your neck of the woods I wasn’t allowed 🤣 I still owe you and your wife a meal in my neck of the woods and you are most welcome to claim it anytime bud 🥰

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How are you going to add a sports car to the ST - thought you weren't chasing power & surely the boot isn't big enough unless you go for a really small two seater..............................:whistle:

p.s. good to see you back as well.
Thanks Nick……damn auto correct 🤣

In my defence I tried to pay but as we were in your neck of the woods I wasn’t allowed 🤣 I still owe you and your wife a meal in my neck of the woods and you are most welcome to claim it anytime bud 🥰
Mate, it was my pleasure, not complaining and such a good laugh.

Hoping to be up your way sometime this year. 😊

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,250 Posts
Great to hear chasing power was a mistake.

I've stayed with stage one (remap & bigger IC) plus lowering springs for my time with two Mk2 ST's and I've been very happy.

Stage one gives an excellent performance increase for the money, the Eibachs decent handling and looks and the car has had total reliability. All this for around £500 and lasted 14 years so far !! :p

·
Registered
Alan St500
2,370 Posts

Has been too long 🥰 and anytime bud 😊

1 - 20 of 20 Posts