Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help please. My laptop has a light flashing furiously at me and iv discovered that it means the battery needs replacing. I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 and i looked on Dell's page and it quotes £125 for a new battery
. Now do i have to buy one of these batteries or can i use some cheaper version. My laptop does obviously work at the moment but how long will it last before it dies on me completely?

·
Registered
545 Posts
I need help please. My laptop has a light flashing furiously at me and iv discovered that it means the battery needs replacing. I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 and i looked on Dell's page and it quotes £125 for a new battery
. Now do i have to buy one of these batteries or can i use some cheaper version. My laptop does obviously work at the moment but how long will it last before it dies on me completely?
Check your battery serial no. against these equivilants. Good bit cheaper http://www.a1-battery.co.uk/LAPTOP_BATTERY/DELL/index.htm

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Same thing happened to me a while back, I tried a cheap alternative from ebay with the same serial number (I knew it was a replica and not genuine, obviously) but at £40 I figured it was worth a shot. It wasn't! Battery lasts an hour if I'm lucky. Never really use the laptop anyway so never bothered replacing it again just a minor inconvenience.

** You get what you pay for **

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I have been on a site www.laptopandspares.com which sells Dell batteries for £46 inc VAT and ebay sells them for £31 so a purchase will be made.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I was also going to suggest http://www.mdsbattery.co.uk/defaultuk.asp but if youve at least got a UK company then you have some sort of guarantee.

The last order I done for work (30 odd batterys!) I used a company called Battech but I cant find them now, their batteries were ok. Their site seems to have disappeared

1 - 5 of 5 Posts