Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have an orange ST225 the prob i have is when i bought it there was 3 stone chip marks in the bumper i assume but i can't see the dent of the stone. The lacquer has peeled around going a dry out ,white and its pealing off ??

is there any thing i can do to it or does it need re painting ?? or just re lacquering ??

thanks
john

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Hi i have an orange ST225 the prob i have is when i bought it there was 3 stone chip marks in the bumper i assume but i can't see the dent of the stone. The lacquer has peeled around going a dry out ,white and its pealing off ??

is there any thing i can do to it or does it need re painting ?? or just re lacquering ??

thanks
john
Chipex

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
My front bumper looks like it has leprosy. Full respray required. It will only get worse, especially if you use a jet wash

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yeah a year warranty is rubbish. My mate a works golf came with 8 year pain warranty and it came out in '98 and paint still looks in good nick

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
My 08 E/O has just started laquer peeling on the little fins on the side of the rear bumper, no damage or stone chips. Been to a local bodyshop who said its a poor paint job from the factory and that i should take it back to ford as the paintwork should have a 10 year warrenty, he said threaten them with legal action to get it done by them

·
Registered
294 Posts
I had the same problem, had the car jet washed water must of got inside the stone chip and started peeling the laquer. Had tt have the bumper resprayed.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
So basically worthless. Then again what about the sale of goods act? Fork out 20k for a car then 13 months down the line it goes flaky, I'm sure it would be covered under the act?
You could try it, I don't think it would take much persuasion to get Ford to cover it. It would be likely though that you'd have gone for a service at Ford at 12 months which would keep the paint warranty going for at least the full 3 years. Or is the paint included in the crappy 1 year trim thing?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts