Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
anyone else suffered with this? just wondered how i stand warranty wise on an 08 car, not peeling all over just 2 patches on the corner of the front bumper about the size of a 50p coin

·
1,285 Posts
There is a few topics on this throughout the forum.....

Mine went a couple of months after I bought my ST3 (it was used when I got it) and I went back and complained and I got it done for free.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
ive got this on my 55plate st, with my car being older i thought it might have been from someone having it resprayed before me but i take it theres a good chance it could be a fault from the factory? shame i havent got warrenty

·
Registered
158 Posts
warranty is worthless. basically only mechanical parts are covered for 3 years. I'm pretty sure everything else is within the first year, such as paintwork I think.

I asked about my paintwork and im sure i remember them telling me sorry can't do it under warranty (as the car is 2 years old).

But worth asking anyway I guess.....

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
i've had this on both my
's. common problem! was fixed under warranty on my first one which was eo & it was a shocking colour match to the rest of the car! just left it on my current one as don't want the terrible colour diference to happen again!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i thought that was what the the paintwork condition check when you had it serviced was for

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,494 Posts
Will be out of warranty and only solution is to respray the bumper,i tried to do mine and made a right
up so i sold the car
Also DON'T power wash the bumper as it will make it worse

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
QUOTE(Orange Man @ 27 Feb 2010, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Will be out of warranty and only solution is to respray the bumper,i tried to do mine and made a right
up so i sold the car
Also DON'T power wash the bumper as it will make it worse

Paintwork warranty is only 1yr

·
Registered
364 Posts
QUOTE(gizm0 @ 28 Feb 2010, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>you had a full respray or just a bumper respray?
1st time front bumper & wing, this was a poor match. Then full respray as it done my head looking at it, only for someone then to pull out of junction into my door. So back in again for new door and paint which again was a poor match, so yeah you guessed it, back in again and hey presto one 4 year old spanking new looking ST... i'm now happy with it. Whoop whoop!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well been into ford bodyshop today and they took photos and said , get it booked in we will do it under warranty
something going right with ford for a change

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
well been into ford bodyshop today and they took photos and said , get it booked in we will do it under warranty
something going right with ford for a change
hope ford get the colour right for you mate. on my eo st they made a right mess of it.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hope ford get the colour right for you mate. on my eo st they made a right mess of it.
i know thats the choice i have to make, stick with a bit of peeling on the front corner but a near perfect colour match or a new painted bumper that could be miles out, i cant really decide which way to go tbh

·
Registered
45 Posts
Which areas are affected by this peeling lacquer problem,gave mine a good wash the other day, then parked it up the next day, admiring it as you do and noticed what looked like a couple of scuffs on the nearside of the front bumper, no lacquer, then looked along the front and the bit between the two grills the paint is completely rough, no lacquer at all, also a patch on the rear bumper, where the paint feels really rough?

Car is only nine months old, guess I need to get it down to Ford, see what they have to say it also has a lot of chips on the front so will need a respray?

Anybody know of any good bodyshops in the swindon area in case ford aren't very forthcoming?

Thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
i know thats the choice i have to make, stick with a bit of peeling on the front corner but a near perfect colour match or a new painted bumper that could be miles out, i cant really decide which way to go tbh
Loko,

I had my bumper repainted at Ford for the dreaded laquer peel, Got it back and the match was shocking and i mean like black and white. I told them to keep it and i wasnt taking it away untill i was happy with the match. Had a conversation with the painter and he told me he had used a red basecoat and 4 coats of the Eo pearl. I knew that the pre facelift Eo paint (solvent based) had an orange base so i told him and he said he would get the rep in to colour match. Anyway after repainting in Orange base and 4 coats of EO the colour match is now perfect

I know Gordon (OrangeMan) had some work done on his EO
at Jennings Ford in Gateshead and they did a cracking job.

Good luck and keep us posted!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts