Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I've just aquired a knocking noise when turning full right hand lock to get off my drive. At first glance I can't see anything out of place and she's only done 14000 miles. Any one got any ideas

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
hi mate. check the rubber boot at the end of your driveshaft in case it is split. if it is all the grease comes out of your cv joint and it will start to knock. a sign of this would be grease around the inside of your alloy. thats my best guess mate.

·
Registered
635 Posts
As the warranty runs out in May, it 'May' be time to buy a new one!! With only 14000 on the clock I'm a bit torn

With the weather we've had, I've not had the chance to have a look at the car today. Do you know if the knocking would only happen on a full lock, or would it happen as soon as you turn the steering?

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
think initially it wd happen on full lock, then it wd start to get worse and make a racket no matter how much lock your using. might not be this though could be an anti roll bar bushing or any number of suspension joints. best just take it to your dealer and let them sort it. maybe you could buy an extended warranty from your dealer to give you piece of mind, should be possible, especially with the low miles on your
. best of luck at the stealers

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
probably is true mate. think a new focus is on the horizon. if the fiesta is anything to go by there might not be an
version
certainly wont be one with a five pot under the bonnet. talk is it will be some sort of eco,boost turbo. the new
's are nice with the black wheels. gettin me thinkin now mate.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(stingy @ 29 Dec 2009, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>probably is true mate. think a new focus is on the horizon. if the fiesta is anything to go by there might not be an
version
certainly wont be one with a five pot under the bonnet. talk is it will be some sort of eco,boost turbo. the new
's are nice with the black wheels. gettin me thinkin now mate.

Black wheels? Didn't know they'd changed the colour of the wheels. Have to be carefull you don't kerb them or it'll stick out like a sore thumb!! I knew that the style of wheel was different but not the colour. If I do get one, it'll probably be montuned from the start with all the extras. Eco boost doesn't sound that quick..... back to the days of the
170 perhaps!!

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,446 Posts
all come with black wheels as standard now silver is a cost option. the new engines are gonna be smaller and turbo charged 1.6 to 2.0 apparently they will be pretty powerfull and loads more economical. check out the autocar website, think there is some info and pics on it. mountuned sounds great, at least you get what it says on the tin (260)bhp & warranty. it cant be beat imho.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(stingy @ 29 Dec 2009, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>all come with black wheels as standard now silver is a cost option. the new engines are gonna be smaller and turbo charged 1.6 to 2.0 apparently they will be pretty powerfull and loads more economical. check out the autocar website, think there is some info and pics on it. mountuned sounds great, at least you get what it says on the tin (260)bhp & warranty. it cant be beat imho.

Will they set the bhp to 267 I wonder. This suggests it could be quicker than the current
, but you won't get the addictive engine noise!!

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,446 Posts
you never know mate. they will bring out all the shopping models first. then prob gauge the demand for an st version. they say there will be no rs, but they said that the last time to! either way it will prob be 2 or 3 years before we see a hot version. new cars are always heavier 2 so 267bhp might just be the same performance as a the st has now. anyway, best of luck with the knocking noise mate, stingy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.