Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi tried searching for this but couldnt find it ( sorry if its on here ). When i accelerate there is a small knock or clunk coming from behind my dash somewhere around the steering column, the same happerns when i back off the accelerator. Could it be an engine mount that is loose or is it the driveshaft or something like that?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Vey common. It is more than likely the rear gearbox mount otherwise known as the torque restrictor. Very often the bolts need to be retigtened and the noise goes away.
Some people uprate the mount aswell, if you have no success with retightening, then do a search on here for vibratechnics mount.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for the help! I had the car into fords yesterday and it turns out that it is the o/s driveshaft, the mechanic said that there is play in it which is what is causing the knocking
the car has only done 16,000 miles as well and hasnt been thrashed! The only good thing that he did tell me is that they have ordered a new and as its still in warrenty it wont cost a penny!
In the new year i was thinking of getting the dreamscience remap but now im worried that with more power going through the driveshaft whats to stop it happerning again??

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it to much, there are hundreds of people running the Dreamscience remaps and very few have any problems with driveshafts. I think you have just been unlucky, and should be happy it went under warranty

Mark

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(mbaker @ 22 Dec 2009, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wouldnt worry about it to much, there are hundreds of people running the Dreamscience remaps and very few have any problems with driveshafts. I think you have just been unlucky, and should be happy it went under warranty

Mark

Ive read up about the Dreamscience remaps and am quite impressed by the positive feedback it has which is why im thinking of getting it. I was very relieved that it is still in warranty, especially at the this close to xmas as well which would have been a big dent in the drink funds! haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.