Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tuck my car to ford the other week because of the steering fault I had and when I got my car back I could no longer dead lock my doors by pressing the black fob thing on my door. I use to press it once for it to lock and then again with in 3 seconds for the dead lock but now nothing when I press it the second time.

Does anyone know how to rest thing please and does it effect any of the security of the car when it's not deadlock
Thanks mike

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,352 Posts
You don't have to press it, it's a touch sensor. Make sure you're not gripping the door handle when you touch it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You don't have to press it, it's a touch sensor. Make sure you're not gripping the door handle when you touch it.
Same thing lol. I don't press I touch and my hand is not gripping the door handle mate. Like I said it did work until I wen to ford

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,352 Posts
Same thing lol. I don't press I touch and my hand is not gripping the door handle mate. Like I said it did work until I wen to ford
I only said about not gripping the door handle because it took me ages to work that out....should have read the manual
Can you do it with the keyfob? That would be a good check to see if it's been somehow disabled.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I only said about not gripping the door handle because it took me ages to work that out....should have read the manual
Can you do it with the keyfob? That would be a good check to see if it's been somehow disabled.
U did read the manual that how I found out bout it in the first place (yes one is a geek) I was doing the same to be4 I read it. Yeah the key fob is still doing so I think it's something thy have done. I no am being lazy but just can't be
goin in my pocket.

Am thinkin on takin it back to thm as thy did it

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,352 Posts
Sounds like the best plan, don't know why it would have stopped working unless the sensor has become faulty. Have you tried doing it from the passenger side? Works both sides on mine.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really don't no wha it is all I can think of is tht the unplugged the battery. Na not working on any of the doors

·
Registered
754 Posts
some car software make the car deadlock on one press of the button and on second press it just locks and not dead locks as a lot of people where not dead locking there car so some manufactuers make it a default setting but hay with key less opening it hardly worth locking lol

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
some car software make the car deadlock on one press of the button and on second press it just locks and not dead locks as a lot of people where not dead locking there car so some manufactuers make it a default setting but hay with key less opening it hardly worth locking lol
I no it's defo not dead locking on one touch as it was working be4 ford get tere hands on its. Wot makes u say tht bout keyless locking

·
Registered
21 Posts
Woooww!! Thanks a lot dude, didnt know you could do this, i was holding the whole thing thats why it wouldnt lock.

Off topic, is there a way to unlock only the drivers door, like when you are getting into your car, to prevent someone else getting in from the passengers side.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,352 Posts
Woooww!! Thanks a lot dude, didnt know you could do this, i was holding the whole thing thats why it wouldnt lock.

Off topic, is there a way to unlock only the drivers door, like when you are getting into your car, to prevent someone else getting in from the passengers side.
There is a way but I can't remember what it is. It's in the manual, just take a look under locking.

·
Registered
754 Posts
there are weekness in all/most types of keyless entry and key less start . crooks can use blockers to fool you into thinking you locked your car when you have not. then follow you with a receiver to get the signal from the key and transmit it to his mate sitting in the car to start it as it only needs the signal to start the once,some univerity students managed to fool car into thinking a lap top was the key and opened and started this was not a ford but a high end make of car. ford locks are ok but with all auto lock there are pick and decoders so a crim can make a key to a car with out opening door then with hacking software bypass access code to program a key.from a legal side this may be diferent on the brand new ford st.but bmw new this problem and did nouthing it was on watch dog .secuity has gone back 15 years use other stearing wheel locks the diskus lock is good i know i did testing on aprox ten types of lock some snaped in 5 seconds the diskus took 5min of hard work to get off. i dont use my st mutch so is has 5 locks on it as i want to keep it.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
BMW had a blind spot on the alarm and the theives were accessing the ODB port with a laptop and with the correct software basically starting them up and driving away.

There's been a large increase in ST thefts down south as reported on here and they think they are using a similar process, hence the disk lock group buy.

Have a disk lock on all my cars for tht very reason.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I tuck my car to ford the other week because of the steering fault I had and when I got my car back I could no longer dead lock my doors by pressing the black fob thing on my door. I use to press it once for it to lock and then again with in 3 seconds for the dead lock but now nothing when I press it the second time.

Does anyone know how to rest thing please and does it effect any of the security of the car when it's not deadlock
Thanks mike
New member found this old post. Did you resolve this issue ?
I have the exact same problem, can't blame the dealer, it just happened.
Looking for some ammunition before visiting the dealer.

New to forums, is this the correct way to revive an old post ?
Can I contact member of the original post, if so how.
Any advice welcome.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,352 Posts
Just for completeness you can do the global close from the handle as well - do the initial lock, then when you do the deadlock keep your finger on the sensor for 4 seconds.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just for completeness you can do the global close from the handle as well - do the initial lock, then when you do the deadlock keep your finger on the sensor for 4 seconds.
Aware of the global close function, it's the double lock function when using the door handle (both front doors) that's the problem.
Everything else is ok, it will double lock with the key fob.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts