Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

over the last two days ive been haveing a lot of problems with my keyless entry, it all starts when i get in the car and go to start it it either wont take the steering lock off or if it does then it wont start the car, just wondering if any one has had problems like this before ??

Thanks jonney.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(indyjukebox @ 14 Feb 2010, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do you get a message saying "key not present". If so your key fob batteries need replacing.

no nothing like that looks like a trip to the dealer tomorow !!

·
Registered
202 Posts
i have keyless and have a right fight in the morning sometimes to get the steering lock off , changed the fob battery and still the same, only does it the once then normally fine rest of day

i have no problems getting into the car so i dont think its the fob in my case

·
Registered
293 Posts
does it happen at diffrent locations or just the same place ,,, may sound silly but it can be efected by local transmitters ie radio, pagers anthing thats is close to 433MHz

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
mine did this mate. the car would unlock/lock fine but when sat in the car the steering wheel would refuse to unlcok and had to give the fob a wollop.
it was a new battery job in the fob. been fine ever since

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi all

right ive been to the dealer and ive had the problem sorted, it was the clutch switch, its all to do when you go to start it and it tells you to push the clutch and start the engine, to make more sense of this if you push the stalk in but dont turn the ignition on then push the clutch in you can hear the stearing lock turn off, i manged to get mine done under warrenty, but for those whoes warrent has expired the switch is only 20 quid which isnt two bad, but i was thinking of contacting ford and letting them know about the problem and ask whot there going to do about it, because it seems quit a commen problem.

jonney

1 - 7 of 7 Posts