Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Gonna get the above sat nav/dvd system for my facelift

Seen how to get the Sony out, but need to know if anyone has fitted this to their car.

Can anyone shed any light on what extras i will need? Also will i need some extra things so it will work my steering remote.

Dont wanna get the wrong ones.

Cheers folks.

Regards

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
QUOTE(ST Bunky @ 15 Nov 2009, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Gonna get the above sat nav/dvd system for my facelift

Seen how to get the Sony out, but need to know if anyone has fitted this to their car.

Can anyone shed any light on what extras i will need? Also will i need some extra things so it will work my steering remote.

Dont wanna get the wrong ones.

Cheers folks.

Regards

I have fitted one of these a few months back, fantastic bit of kit, you will need a fitting kit, facia panel and ipod/steering leads.
I got mine from an ebay shop.
Let me know if you have any problems and i'll try and find the part numbers.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, Phil.

Where did you put the GPS antenna, mate? Also will i need to fit a new mic for Bluetooth, or can i used the original?

Or can i use this to connect the original mic? Its the 3rd one down for £14.99

http://www.audio66.com/products.asp?cat=18...401327128356481

Bit new to this. Though i've fitted normal single din stereo's in motors. Not to this standard though.
Cheers again.

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
QUOTE(ST Bunky @ 15 Nov 2009, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cheers, Phil.

Where did you put the GPS antenna, mate? Also will i need to fit a new mic for Bluetooth, or can i used the original?

Or can i use this to connect the original mic? Its the 3rd one down for £14.99

http://www.audio66.com/products.asp?cat=18...401327128356481

Bit new to this. Though i've fitted normal single din stereo's in motors. Not to this standard though.
Cheers again.

I used the mic that came with the unit, wired through and cliped onto the map/sub light.

You stick the gps antenna with the sticky pad, supplied at the back of the dash, it comes with a diagram showing where to fix it.

If you follow the fitting instructions its not too hard.

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
QUOTE(ST Bunky @ 15 Nov 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cheers, Phil

I tend to worry too much.

I ordered my fitting kit and leads over the phone from an ebay shop, the guy on the phone was realy helpful and told me everything you need.

Hope it all goes well.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Phil,

I ordered my DNX5240BT today, and it should be with me tomorrow.

Just need to get steering wheel control adapter (CTSFO0003), aerial (PC5-100/1) and ISO adapters (PC2-84-4).

Any chance just seeing if i have the right ones?

Cheers Phil.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Right, just installed the Kenwood 5240BT, just waiting for the ftting kit to turn up, then its done.

I have installed all leads i.e. mic, gps and iPod, but have a problem with the Bluetooth and the Nokia N96. The phone connects and the little "TEL" sign lights up white, but it doesnt sent phonebook, or any of the phone settings.

Its just hanging there. Weird!

I have followed the manual to the T, but i must be doing summin wrong.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers!

****EDIT****

I tried another phone and it worked fine. Must need a firmware update on my N96. Tho the Samsung i used is older than the N96...Weird!

5240BT has the lastest BT firmware. ****EDIT**** Yep, Nokia needed a firmware update. All sorted now.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, Got my fitting kit today so installed the Kenwood.

Sorry pics are a bit naff, but it was dark.

Big thanks to Phil, for some good advice, for a worried man.

Need some advice again tho. I installed the iPod lead correctly into the Kenwood USB port, and video and audio leads into the stereo. Now, it charges the iPod (so its connected to the USB port) and i get audio, but i cant control it from the 5240BT. I says its not connected. Its a 5th gen iPod video. It does say it will work on the Kenwood site.

Any ideas?

Regards
John

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hi Chris,

The facia is the connects2 CT23FD10, dont get the CT23FD07. Its rubbish. Leaves a big gap round the stereo.

No problems at all with the unit. Makes the car look very classy inside. So much better than the Sony Ford system. Sound is excellent and the satnav is fast. Tried Ronin on DVD, PQ is really good and the downmixed sound is very good. Makes my Ford speakers sound better. Will update to something like Kenwood or something simular after xmas. Would like a sub, but use my boot a lot. Ive seen under seat subs, but being an home cinema nut, i like big booming bass. So i wouldnt know what SQ they would chuck out.

One problem is that i just need to sort the iPod out, as im not able to control it from the unit. But, it may be due to the iPod being 4 years old. Its got the latest software update, so its not that. Gonna try my cuz's iPod touch, so hopefully that will work ok.

Thanks for the kind words.

G

·
QUOTE(ST Bunky @ 1 Dec 2009, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The facia is the connects2 CT23FD10, dont get the CT23FD07. Its rubbish. Leaves a big gap round the stereo.
This is a very important information. I've bought a celsus facia and it also leaves a big gap around the stereo. Now I will buy a CT23FD10 because I loved the way it looks.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Could always change the centre console trim to the rounded fitting, then buy the FD10 fitting kit.

I dont know what the connects2 pre-facelift kits are like. Maybe someone on here who has one could comment.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts