Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the snow foam adapter for karcher pressure washer along with decent snow foam...used it for first time today...results were very good....but not sure if I "set it up" correctly..I put about one and a half inch of snow foam in bottle and filled it up with warm water..... when using it I still had hosepipe connected to karcher at same time and when finished the bottle was stil three quarts full.......can I use this next time?....do I empty it out......or should I not use a "live" hosepipe just the bottle on its own? I know there are a few topics already posted about snow foaming......searched them but cant find an answer ....thanks in advance

·
Registered
577 Posts
You did right chap. You need a 'live' water feed to go with the snow foam bottle. I find the trick is getting the right thickness of foam to be dispensed. This can either be controlled be the concentration dial on the bottle/attachment and/or with the amount of snow foam concentrate you put in the bottle. 1-1.5" sounds about right though.

Did mine today, including underneath - I don't tend to snow foam every time I was the car, only when there's a build up. This time the car was minging and needed it badly!

PS, if you keep the snow foam bottle sealed, it should be ok to use the left overs next time. Seams a bit wasteful otherwise!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply Rich.......it did work a treat........all the neighbours want to use it now...thanks again

·
Registered
577 Posts
Tbh I think the neighbours think I'm crackers with my car cleaning antics. Especially when I break out the snow foam Lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know what you mean......people driving past looked baffled as to what the hell I was doing......mind you I did foam it 5 times..only joking...great fun though

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
After the first snow foaming and rinse I use the rest as a lube for washing i.e. I foam the side of the car and wash that by hand then rinse, then foam the bonnet, then wash it and rinse and work my way around the car.

Considering the cost of the stuff, any left over I just chuck it away

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quick update......stuggled with length of hose from karcher...bought 8 metre extension with fittings from B&Q for £14.99..........also snow foam freezes if left uncovered in shed or garage ........mine had ice just started to form in container this morn when opened shed up........after a couple of hours in warmth was ok.....now covered from frost

·
Registered
577 Posts
8 metre karcher hose for 15 quid? I'll be getting one if those then. The standard 3 metre on I have is too short. Karcher stuff is usually a rip off.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I have been getting fed up using the washer as I just get in such a tangle and have to keep moving the box. Will be going to B&Q tonight me thinks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah thats the one..."EXPAND-IT"......is the company that make em.....smaller adapters were included with the one I bought but they are not needed on karcher as thread is on new hose is correct......you just need to use the brass connector to join the two hoses

1 - 13 of 13 Posts