Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
QUOTE(mick5994 @ 17 Jan 2010, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all,

I'm just wondering due to the poor response in the classifieds: http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/and-Panel-...765#entry642765

If anyone actually replaces or uses K&N standard filters? If you do then please get these snapped up, after all the money is going to charity and a really worth while cause.

Common guys!!

Good cause mate, i hope you get a good response!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I know its going slightly off topic but what do the filters offer over the standard one.

Good luck with the trip

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
QUOTE(theboy @ 17 Jan 2010, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I know its going slightly off topic but what do the filters offer over the standard one.

Good luck with the trip

Better airflow and re-usable

·
Registered
773 Posts
Just fitted ours. The 1 million mile warranty, washable and re-usable so never have to buy another air filter again.

·
Registered
279 Posts
plus the K&N is thinner and less densely packed so theres far greather air flow, i used one before i got my induction kit adn the different was VERY noticeable

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I saw your post but already had one in our lasses since new.

For anyone reading who doe snot want to pay £200+ for a filter, these are very good and I understnad suitable for cars upto 300 bhp.

I even seem to think they are part of the mountune package if anyone is uncertain of the qaulity/ability.

They also leave the car looking stock so the stealer prob would not notice for any warrenty claims
and are fitted in minutes by even the poorest hobby mechanic .

I can not see any reason why any ST has a standard filter when these are available

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Dennis @ 17 Jan 2010, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I saw your post but already had one in our lasses since new.

For anyone reading who doe snot want to pay £200+ for a filter, these are very good and I understnad suitable for cars upto 300 bhp.

I even seem to think they are part of the mountune package if anyone is uncertain of the qaulity/ability.

They also leave the car looking stock so the stealer prob would not notice for any warrenty claims
and are fitted in minutes by even the poorest hobby mechanic .

I can not see any reason why any ST has a standard filter when these are available

Dennis,

Thanks for bigging it up but the actually cost of the ST filter is only about £37 when bought from K&N. Its just a replacement for the standard part and gives a better unrestricted air flow to the engine, also gives more use than the standard Ford one. It will also in no way affect your warranty as it is purely a filter and changes nothing about the car!!

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
[quote name='mick5994' date='17 Jan 2010, 09:21 PM' post='643720']
Dennis,

Thanks for bigging it up but the actually cost of the ST filter is only about £37 when bought from K&N. Its just a replacement for the standard part and gives a better unrestricted air flow to the engine, also gives more use than the standard Ford one. It will also in no way affect your warranty as it is purely a filter and changes nothing about the car!!

I know what I was meaning is a CAIS costs £200+ and does little if any extra (other than looking bling).

But best to make sure everyone understands before they start moaning etc

Re the K&N filter, I understand they claim whilst being less restictive it is actually better at cleaning the air therefore better for the engine

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTEwhat I was meaning is a CAIS costs £200+ and does little if any extra (other than looking bling).

You really should try one, a full kit is so much better than any panel filter. When I first fitted my CAIS it sounded like a vaccuum cleaner sucking the air in, with a noticable increase in power.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I have a BMC CDA waiting to go on when I can be bothered but would never pay the money most are asking for CAIS's

I have had various forms of airfilters over the years and even had a couple of manufacturers design their systems on my cars
, while the noise is nice this does not change the fact the Panel filters work pritty much just as well and for BHP/£ the CIAS but be one of the worst modifications on the ST

·
Registered
481 Posts
QUOTE(davechci @ 17 Jan 2010, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You really should try one, a full kit is so much better than any panel filter. When I first fitted my CAIS it sounded like a vaccuum cleaner sucking the air in, with a noticable increase in power.

hope so. I have just bought a Code Red Cais
Cant wait to get it fitted

1 - 15 of 15 Posts