Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as above, seen the ECU spacer talked about on here and cant really find anything on what they do?

also just wondering what difference would a k&n panel filter make, does it make any noise atall? i can't really afford the full induction kit at the minute which is why im looking at the panel filters for now but the kit will come at a later date.

cheers

·
Registered
183 Posts
Quickest way is to use the Search on the forum.

There's enough to keep you going for a couple of hours....

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have searched m8 and as said above i cnt really find much info on what they do.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
QUOTE(gizm0 @ 3 Dec 2009, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i have searched m8 and as said above i cnt really find much info on what they do.

The ECU has it cooling fins inside the airbox. They obstruct the air passage into the engine. The spacer goes between the ECU and the airbox so that the fins are not obstructing the flow as much therefore giving more power

HTH

Chris

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Simo @ 3 Dec 2009, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The ECU has it cooling fins inside the airbox. They obstruct the air passage into the engine. The spacer goes between the ECU and the airbox so that the fins are not obstructing the flow as much therefore giving more power

HTH

Chris

oh ok yeah i understand them now, where can i get these spacers from?

anyone know if the panel filters are good? if so what one to get and do they make any sound atall?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
QUOTE(gizm0 @ 3 Dec 2009, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>oh ok yeah i understand them now, where can i get these spacers from?

anyone know if the panel filters are good? if so what one to get and do they make any sound atall?

Just advertise that you are looking for one in the "parts wanted" section of the forum... They also come up on ebay as well mate... Probabably about 80 wuid for both. The K&N panel filter compliments it but I can't see there being much of a noise increase.

Most people with a panel filter and spacer upgrade to a full induction kit.. I know someone who has a K&N Gen II induction kit for sale for £70 though as his DS Induction kit arrives today...

·
Registered
389 Posts
I fitted ecu spacer and K&N panel filter to mine..

Its a great mod to do if your on a budget!! Does make a difference.. After fitting mine it had quicker throttle response and a nicer/deeper sound to it..

Its never ever gonna get close to the gains you get from a full induction kit but as most if the current induction kits start at £200 and escalate from there. You cant do wrong with the money!!

Has satisfied my need for more while i continue saving up for full exhaust and induction kit

Phil

·
Registered
230 Posts
QUOTE(gizm0 @ 3 Dec 2009, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ooooo i may be intrested in the kit, who's selling it?

I fitted this to mine, it does make a really good difference, better throttle response, you can hear the Turbo Spoll up......the K & N panel allows a better Air flow, and with the ECU not restricting the throttle its very responsive..its a B~~TARD to fit the bottom screw on the ECU spacer...but its worth it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
iv got these fitted and think their ace, but i will definitely be changing for the Dreamscience Induction at some point next year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts