Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

A mate of mine has the dreamscience induction kit on his ST, and it sounds awesome, so much so that I need a bit of that!!!

Only problem though is that it is a long way out of my budget so am looking at the K&N induction kit. Do these produce the same amount of noise as the dreamscience kit?

Thanks in advance

Rich

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
QUOTE(STRich @ 27 Nov 2009, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all

A mate of mine has the dreamscience induction kit on his ST, and it sounds awesome, so much so that I need a bit of that!!!

Only problem though is that it is a long way out of my budget so am looking at the K&N induction kit. Do these produce the same amount of noise as the dreamscience kit?

Thanks in advance

Rich

Nope not really, they are no where near as noisy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what i'm worried about really, to be honest the noise from my mate's dsci induction kit would get right on my
after a while!

Just wondering if the K&n gives a quieter noise, which might be better!!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
It doesnt get on your nerves its such a good mod, if you after noise i would ignore the k&n, its a good peice of kit for the money but your better off keeping the standard airbox, it makes simlar noises to the k&n

·
Registered
699 Posts
i had a next gen2 kit before my dreamscience the kit is ok but no where near as loud as the ds kit just save your pennys and get a ds kit

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
I have a K&N GenII and wouldn't (now that it is fitted) change it just for the sake of it.

That said, if I didn't have anything fitted (i.e. standard airbox), and I had my time (and money) over again, I would go straight for the DS kit.

·
Registered
207 Posts
QUOTE(safc @ 2 Dec 2009, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>is there much difference between the dreamscience and other units or just the sound and price??!

Probably one you have to put to Jared, but I truly beleive the price reflects in the quality!!! The DS kit has a K+N cone filter, but it just sounds amazing - !!!!!!!. When the turbo whistles, the DS CAIS just whistles louder all the time, as for perfromace I am led to beleive it puts on 10-12 BHP against a standard CAIS
A VERY GOOD REASON FOR THE EXTRA SPEND

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
QUOTE(IansFrenzy @ 2 Dec 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Probably one you have to put to Jared, but I truly beleive the price reflects in the quality!!! The DS kit has a K+N cone filter, but it just sounds amazing - !!!!!!!. When the turbo whistles, the DS CAIS just whistles louder all the time, as for perfromace I am led to beleive it puts on 10-12 BHP against a standard CAIS
A VERY GOOD REASON FOR THE EXTRA SPEND

+1 for the Dsci kit. Its super dooper!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
QUOTE(goonturbo @ 3 Dec 2009, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Am up for purchasing the DS induction but am pretty concerned about it sucking up water.

5 pot + Water = BANG!!!

Ive run the K&N for months now and not had a problem and there has been some terrible weather. You'll be ok as long as you don't try and cross rivers - Something I wouldn't even do with standard induction!

My DS Induction is arriving today and from what everyone has said the filter is mounted higher than the K&N Gen II

I seriously think there is nothing to worry about

Chris

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
QUOTE(goonturbo @ 3 Dec 2009, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Am up for purchasing the DS induction but am pretty concerned about it sucking up water.

5 pot + Water = BANG!!!

I've had the ds kit on for nearly a year now and driven in just about every weather condition and the kit hasn't missed a beat. As has been said already, if the roads a river, common sense says avoid it and all will be fine!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi mates.

I have the same problem. DSCI kit or K&N or standard?!?!?
I'm still running an ECU spacer with Pipercross panel filter and a modified airbox (I removed the "horn" inside).
Sound is not important for me (but I know how great an open filter system sounds)

The K&N has a great price.

But how much is the difference in performance really?
10-12BHP more with DSCI like given at DS homepage could be everything. Standard airbox, drums like AS/C:R/GGR/etc., BSR Optiflow Kit or K&N kit?

Has somebody upgraded from K&N to DSCI and perhaps tested this on a dyno?
Or has somebody upgraded from ECU spacer to K&N or DSCI and could tell me something about the benefit?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts