Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at either getting mountune mr290 or the jw racing tune stage 3 which is better ? i notice the jw stage 3 is cheaper and also comes with RS clutch! but they dont show any graphs or any 0-60 times etc
unlike mountune !

cheers

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I have no experience of either map, but personally due to the clutch issue and if i had the cash to do it all in one go I would go jwr.

You could also ask on there sponsor page for a graph, in sure they will help you out.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
The JWR maps are written by Autotech in Sweden. As we all know the Swedes have a history with the 5-pot motor. As such the Autotech maps have a reputation to be smooth, strong and safe. Also from what I have read in the RS world they deliver the goods.
If I was not so pleased with my Collins Stage 2 software, the map I would go for is the Autotech from JWR. But that is just my personal choice.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Regarding the JWRacing map have a read of this article, I got it through the Pumaspeed Website but the article was in Fast Ford magazine recently and is a group test of a number of stage 3 maps and includes JW Racings map and graphs.

http://www.pumaspeed...t_optimized.pdf
"Ross estimated that the loss from the fly to the wheels in the case of our st to be roughly 75bhp........"

Any reason they correct it by 35%?

I thought 15% was more likely.......

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
When motorcycles are dyno'd they are always measured at the floor. It is more accurate and figure that really matters. But it wont inflate ego's im afraid.
For accurate flywheel horsepower an engine dyno is required.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Is anyone else getting really fed up with hearing these inflated power figures? Its bad enough when its just somebody who doesnt know any better quoting what theyve been told on a dyno day but when tuners start doing it it really makes my blood boil!
As long as it still puts a smile on my face each time I drive it then I dont care about the bhp.

·
Registered
25 Posts
looking at either getting mountune mr290 or the jw racing tune stage 3 which is better ? i notice the jw stage 3 is cheaper and also comes with RS clutch! but they dont show any graphs or any 0-60 times etc
unlike mountune !

cheers
I have a graph somewhere on here which I posted a month ago. The rollers I went on are supposed to be as "accurate" as can be. All I know by speaking to the operator that no st with a standard turbo has made over 300bhp on his rollers. Anyway, with regards to the map, I'm happy with it, it pulls well and very smooth.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Its always going to happen with rolling roads

People who are happy with the figure they get or people happy with their car but when it goes on the rollers they are not happy with what result they got

Then they go away thinking something is wrong/want to change things to get the power they expected

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Sorry about this prince. Didn't mean to derail your thread pal.

Out of the two I'd go autotech. Whereabouts you based though?

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
You won't be disappointed with either dude!
Clowntune and JWR are among the best

your mons your choice

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
"Ross estimated that the loss from the fly to the wheels in the case of our st to be roughly 75bhp........"

Any reason they correct it by 35%?

I thought 15% was more likely.......
99% of the stuff that perf ford print is pure bull poop Alex.
They usually run out of parp to print and just stick the 'tigger' in to fill the space

I wonder if theres a reason the JWR and superchips drop off the bhp at high revs.........................
I'd be looking a block mod before I had an alleged extra 30bhp a 6.5k revs that I would never use

1 - 20 of 32 Posts