Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my colorado red ST had loads of swirl marks and small scratches - looks like brillo pad marks in the worst places.

Decided to get the bits to correct this myself;

- Megs G220 polisher with lots of different pads
- Flex high cut polish
- Flex low cut polish
- Flex zero swirl polish
- Bilt Hamber hard clay bar
- Bilt Hamber soft clay bar
- Dodo Juice born slippy lube
- Dodo Juice lime prime lite
- Dodo Juice Banana Armour wax
- Chemical Guys Wet Shine wax intensifier
- Poor Boys black hole
- New drying towls
- New microfibre clothes
- 2 Lambs Wool mits
- 2 Large buckets with lids
- 2 Grit guards
- Autosol for exhaust
- Megs endurance tyre shine
- Autoglym machine clean for the engine
- Autoglym wheel cleaner and sealer
- Wheel brush
- Lots of rags and other small bits and pieces I have forgot...

Spent close to £400 on the goodies and spent around 30 hours on the bonnet when had few hours here and there - is close to done so starting on the rest of the car now.

Anyone got any experience with the Zymol Rouge Wax CS102 - is formulated for red cars - just wondering is it worth the £60 for it.

Rob

·
Registered
659 Posts
Either your single or you have a VERY understanding partner!!
You will have to get some before and after pics up chap! Lets see the results!
Looks very
in red.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very understanding partner mate
- as long as house, groceries, etc get paid for I am allowed to spend what I want on the car - am only 21 but work alot of hours to get what I want for the car - aiming for this car to be pretty special so need plenty cash which means more overtime

Rob

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,492 Posts
It should look stunning when it is all done
then we can all send ours to you
,you will make bufty boy jealous

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
30 hours on the bonnet alone?

That's dedication! I made the mistake of taking my car to a washing place which used brushes and it full of swirls

It really needs doing but I haven't got the time or be bothered

Chris

·
1,599 Posts
Looks pretty shiny in your sig already! When you've finished yours I've got a mucky orange one you can have a go at

·
Formerly known as wabbit1
2,791 Posts
Take a look at this forum on Passion Ford Focus RS Detailing, pure commitment. I would love to have the commitment and skill to do this to such a high level. I can't beleive the mess of the brand new car straight from the dealers though

Very well may take my forthcoming new White ST to this guy for a proper cleaning

·
Registered
675 Posts
QUOTE(robbie1988 @ 2 Jan 2010, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anyone got any experience with the Zymol Rouge Wax CS102 - is formulated for red cars - just wondering is it worth the £60 for it.

Rob

I have tried all sorts on my Colorado red, Dodo Supernatural is up there with the best IMO but the best results I have got were with Werkstatt Acrylic Sealant/ Wax

Second place would go to the Supernatural, either would be a good investment for you.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f93/chris****a/focud/Werkstatt/IMG_0222.jpg

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
QUOTE(robbie1988 @ 2 Jan 2010, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well my colorado red ST had loads of swirl marks and small scratches - looks like brillo pad marks in the worst places.

- Flex high cut polish
- Flex low cut polish
- Flex zero swirl polish
- Poor Boys black hole
- New drying towls
- New microfibre clothes
- 2 Lambs Wool mits
- 2 Grit guards
- Autosol for exhaust
- Wheel brush

Spent close to £400 on the goodies and spent around 30 hours on the bonnet when had few hours here and there - is close to done so starting on the rest of the car now.

Anyone got any experience with the Zymol Rouge Wax CS102 - is formulated for red cars - just wondering is it worth the £60 for it.

Rob

Quite an impressive list of goodies there mate should keep you going for a few weeks.

The pic in your sig...............Prince Bishops multi story @ Durham???

·
Registered
122 Posts
QUOTE(robbie1988 @ 2 Jan 2010, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well my colorado red ST had loads of swirl marks and small scratches - looks like brillo pad marks in the worst places.

- Flex high cut polish
- Flex low cut polish
- Flex zero swirl polish
- Poor Boys black hole
- New drying towls
- New microfibre clothes
- 2 Lambs Wool mits
- 2 Grit guards
- Autosol for exhaust
- Wheel brush

Rob

My life that is some list, im just jealous because I want most of that stuff but have just not got the cash at the mo. Should look amazing by the time you are done.

·
Registered
552 Posts
QUOTE(Simo @ 3 Jan 2010, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>30 hours on the bonnet alone?

That's dedication! I made the mistake of taking my car to a washing place which used brushes and it full of swirls

It really needs doing but I haven't got the time or be bothered

Chris

I made that mistake as well.

my car had white streaks on the back quarter panel put there by the dealer.. who sealed it in with diamondbrite... they wouldnt come out.
So I spent £475 having the car professionally paint corrected and detailed... inside, out, and under the bonnet.

Car was spotless, and paint looked flawless, brand new.

Then after a month of driving around in the snow, and rain back etc.. car looked filthy, but i didnt have time to clean it.

then thought to myself.. well surely it cant do that much damage if i just go once.. I mean the 1 near me pressure washes the car with a high pressure washer which i thought would shift alot of the grit and worst of the dirt.. they use long pile wash mits..instead of sponges and microfibre clothes to dry the car.. so I didnt think it would do much harm after just using them 1ce.

how wrong coudl I be.. came back and straight away down the side of the car it had light swirl marks that could be seen after just 1 wash.. so never again i vowed to take it to a hand car wash.

Im going to pay to have it corrected 1 more time and invest in the kit myself.. even if it costs me £1000 lol.. not going to let that happen again.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Detailing is such an awful terms, form my experience most (but not alll) people who class themselves as a detailer spend days on the paint and forget about the detail.

So don't forget about the other bits of the car, exhaust (inside and out) floor pan, wheel arches, engine bay (all the nooks and crannies not just the tops), suspention, brakes and obviosuly the wheels.

That should keep you busy for a few years

Just be thankful your car isn't white you wont get past the bonnet iwth all the black bits that stick form the atmosphere

But well done for starting down the slippery slope of being a 'polisher'

1 - 15 of 15 Posts