Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
f'ing 07 f'ing clutch f'ing f's me off!!!!!!

not only is it slipping badly at high speeds....but it gets jammed during gear changes now!!!!!

do i need to buy the RS clutch?

is there nothing that can be done?

i dont mind spending the cash, but i was planning on a new turbo and front and rear stoffler

now that needs to be put on hold i fear
:crying:

·
Super Moderator
Volkswagen Tiguan R-Line Tech 230
8,086 Posts
Have a chat with Fishface ( Andy ) , he's just had the clutch and diff done by Gary at Profile and seems to love it
. If the money is not an issue it's worth doing as the gearbox will be out and will work out cheaper than having to remove it all at a later date if you then decide on the diff !!!

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(newtoallofthis @ 22 Nov 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thanks for the concern

considering cost

is the LSD really worth doing at the same time?

Forget all notions of big turbos till youve sorted the transmission out! My car couldnt put the power down on the standard turbo! The diff is something you need to do early on! Without it all your money will have been spent to make a car that sounds great in the pub but drives like a bag of
on the road!

·
Captain Slow
16,274 Posts
As Mr Fishy (who makes you spend money!!) has stated you'd be better off getting the transmission sorted before anything else. Sadly there seems to be a lot of 07' reg cars that have suffered clutch slip when they've been modified. I run a fare few mod's and my car is one of the early model's and I don't suffer any clutch slip what so ever!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts