Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my wife's brand new shape fiesta so when she went in to do all the hand over stuff I had a walk around the car to check it over and bobs your uncle nice dent in the quarter panel near the wheel arch. So went in and told the sales guy, so we took the car but not pleased he said it must have been done between getting washed and getting parked up.they are going to sort it but I think it might need painting as is so near the arch and its doubled skind so won't be able too get it pdr. But have to wait and see to be fair the dealership is pretty good this is are 6th car of them and I just got my mk3 st of them.

·
Registered
252 Posts
As previously said good job you let the dealers know before you left,

Dont think you would have had a leg to stand if you had driven off.

·
Registered
649 Posts
is the car a nearly new one or is it fresh from factory?

if its came from the factory id tell them you want a whole new car i wouldnt be wanting a brand new car with filler ect.

could try the same even if its a few months onld.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's not a massive dent and its brand new only 4 miles on the clock they are going to ring the wife tomorrow they are pretty good and it's not just me and my wife that buys cars form this dealers. My dad,sister,brother in law buy cars from them and everybody knows us in there so won't be mugged off.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The guy that I deal with is going to pick it up from my house and take it him self to the body shop to sort out so no young little div driving it like they stole it. Plus they no I am a killer for things to be wright on my cars the wife not to bothered as long it's sorted but she doesn't keep her cars for long. She's already wanting the fiesta st when it comes out.

·
Registered
649 Posts
id still ask for a whole new car even if it is a small dent. do you really want your brand new car going into a body shop possibly having bits stripped off,the dent filled with filler then painted.

seen it done before liquid. was picking up a car of my own from a dealer and there was a guy going mental in the managers office. he had went in to pick up a new insignia and there was a few small dents on his door and a scratch on the back bumper. told them he wasnt leaving until he got a new one ordered as he wasing paying £25k for a car to then be painted again.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good luck with that one...
No way would they give me a new one its just a little dent about an inch so no way would they give the wife a new car as long as its sorted not to worry. I have a mate that us too work in there body shop and he said that cars come in all the time with little things all the time fresh from transport from the factory.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
id still ask for a whole new car even if it is a small dent. do you really want your brand new car going into a body shop possibly having bits stripped off,the dent filled with filler then painted.

seen it done before liquid. was picking up a car of my own from a dealer and there was a guy going mental in the managers office. he had went in to pick up a new insignia and there was a few small dents on his door and a scratch on the back bumper. told them he wasnt leaving until he got a new one ordered as he wasing paying £25k for a car to then be painted again.
Sounds like the dealer just wanted him out of there, causing a fuss in front of other customers is the easiest way (and also the biggest
of a way) to get what you want. They're under zero obligation to do that though

·
Registered
649 Posts
did you ever see the thread about the guy who bought a new car (i forget what kind it was) and went round it with a paint meter and had the garage take it to a bodyshop so all the panels had even paint coverage and no orange peel. then went to town on cleaning every inch of it. was a few years ago now.

i know new cars dont come pristine we get enough of them in work that look like there years old

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The guys Insignia probably had paint already. If you think all new cars come in pristine, you're deluded.
Yes as I said my mate did cars all the time before going out too customers brand new cars. I was speaking to one of the sales guys and he told me that one car got written off coming of the transporter.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
When I went to pick up my brand new ST back in 2007 I noticed a small dent in the quarter panel,I hadn't signed any handover forms ect so asked them what they would do about it,they told me I was being picky,I told them I wanted my brand new car to be in showroom condition for just one day. I got my deposit back and ordered another car from a dealership 10 miles up the road,if you haven't signed or paid anything then of course you can walk away.As for the deposit unless it states its not refundable then they are obliged to give it back. No way would I want my brand new car being worked on by a bodyshop. Chances are they knew about the dent in your wifes car and hoped you wouldn't spot it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I used to work in the docks at Portbury where the new cars are brought into the country, my job was to walk around each car with a marker pen and circle every ding in it to be fixed before it went off to the garages.

It was rare that a car didn't have a mark in it somewhere, I would estimate that nearly every single brand new car sitting on a forecourt has already had bits painted before it's even seen its 1st owner.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Getting fixed on Wednesday so all will be sorted the sales guy is picking it up from my house and then taking it to get sorted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts