Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought untill just that my iPod lead had a dodgy connection as it keeps disconnecting while driving over a slight bump,anyway it's just happened twice whille driving in the dark and all the dash lights went out and the xenons dipped like when you first start up,I lost power to the engine aswell,has anyone else had this?methinks I better get her booked in,I've only got 450 miles on her

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
panic over!just checked the obvious and found that both battery connections were not even on!!,
the plastic battery cover was holding them down near where they should have been fitted,good pre delivery checked then

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(xxtrickzxx @ 3 Feb 2010, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>panic over!just checked the obvious and found that both battery connections were not even on!!,
the plastic battery cover was holding them down near where they should have been fitted,good pre delivery checked then

I'd be back down to the dealer matey.

A simple oversight/mistake no doubt, but something that really shouldn't have got past a PDI.

I'd want it PDI'd again (or similar), and I'd want to watch while they did it.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
QUOTE(xxtrickzxx @ 3 Feb 2010, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>panic over!just checked the obvious and found that both battery connections were not even on!!,

Cricky that could have caused an accident! I think I agree with the above and would pop down to have another PDI to make sure everything else is ok

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(choccymonster @ 3 Feb 2010, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd be back down to the dealer matey.

A simple oversight/mistake no doubt, but something that really shouldn't have got past a PDI.

I'd want it PDI'd again (or similar), and I'd want to watch while they did it.
If i wasnt on nights i would of been down there by now,going to to get some sleep now but when i wake i think i will have a little chat with them

·
Registered
221 Posts
QUOTE(xxtrickzxx @ 3 Feb 2010, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If i wasnt on nights i would of been down there by now,going to to get some sleep now but when i wake i think i will have a little chat with them

I had the same thing many years ago when I bought an Orion 1.6 Ghiai brand new from Ford (Don't laugh). I was driving to work on the first morning in the fog and things got dimmer and dimmer until the car stopped. Same thing, battery terminals not even tight. They denied it and said they had a tick on a PDI sheet to say it had been done so it must have been. I went back to the dealers and spat out my dummy in front of several potential customers. Never been ushered away with a cup of coffee so quickly!

Glad it was a simple fix but make sure they're aware of it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts