Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just joined as bought my wife a Focus ST3 8 weeks ago, what a car a little thirsty but great fun. Need some advice from you guys as the car is standard at the mo but a little confused as to what to do next. I don't have an open cheque book but would like some sensible advice when it comes to increasing power and performance, have heard induction kits are good, as are intercoolers but when it comes to software upgrade it's a minefield, what would you recommend all ideas are welcome.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Open cheque book sounds good! Start down the modding path and you'll need it, remap first then add other bits to compliment it. Or you can just buy a package, have a look at Dreamscience or Mountune for full upgrade packages.

& Welcome! Where in the Midlands are you from??

·
Registered
293 Posts
welcome to the club
defo go for remap then get bits like the intercooler exhaust induction kit as you can afford it thats what i did i have dreamscience or alternatively buy a package with everything at once depends what your looking to spend ...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi and
Eibachs (about £250-£300 fitted) and a dreamscience, secondhand with 4 lives left is about another £300. So £600 gets you a great handling ST with about 250-270 bhp. Not bad for £600!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Liz-whizz @ 15 Jan 2010, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi and
Eibachs (about £250-£300 fitted) and a dreamscience, secondhand with 4 lives left is about another £300. So £600 gets you a great handling ST with about 250-270 bhp. Not bad for £600!!!
Thanks for the advice, mine is the same colour as yours and the alloys need a refurb, do you have any pics you can send me as your wheels look great in grey. Do the Eibachs make a difference..??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(davechci @ 15 Jan 2010, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Open cheque book sounds good! Start down the modding path and you'll need it, remap first then add other bits to compliment it. Or you can just buy a package, have a look at Dreamscience or Mountune for full upgrade packages.

& Welcome! Where in the Midlands are you from??

No it's not open but would like a little more, maybe a remap or one of these plug in systems have seen these on Ebay but with a limited number of lives, I have been told they won't work second hand. Intercooler and Induction kit I have been told is a must but can I get the remap first or is the hardware best.

I'm in Northampton do you have a meet round my area?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
im from cannock mate in the midlands. your welcome to come have a look at my car. ive got it mapped/cold air induction filter/down pipe/sports cat/exhaust/eibach springs.
i have the dream science plug and play stratagem. it will get you the most power for money get you upto 270bhp i believe. you come across them 2nd hand on here but there £495 ish i believe new.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(gray @ 15 Jan 2010, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>im from cannock mate in the midlands. your welcome to come have a look at my car. ive got it mapped/cold air induction filter/down pipe/sports cat/exhaust/eibach springs.
i have the dream science plug and play stratagem. it will get you the most power for money get you upto 270bhp i believe. you come across them 2nd hand on here but there £495 ish i believe new.
Thanks for your advice, what induction kit have you got, I was going to get a K&N which I am led to believe releases some power. I'm a little confused I have access to a remap from a friend from Motech who offers 260 BHP but I am a little sceptical, am I being over cautious?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
The best bet is to get yourself registered as an owner member to get access to all the tech forums, there are shed loads of info on all the mods ever made for a focus st! People will always recommend what they have, go read the forums and then make your own mind up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(davechci @ 15 Jan 2010, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The best bet is to get yourself registered as an owner member to get access to all the tech forums, there are shed loads of info on all the mods ever made for a focus st! People will always recommend what they have, go read the forums and then make your own mind up.

I have registered as a member, can't get access yet, but thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
QUOTE(olliest3 @ 15 Jan 2010, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for your advice, what induction kit have you got, I was going to get a K&N which I am led to believe releases some power. I'm a little confused I have access to a remap from a friend from Motech who offers 260 BHP but I am a little sceptical, am I being over cautious?

i have the dreamscience dsci this too gets good power figures and also gives a good sound which people seem to crave on the ST.
i cant really see whats wrong with the map your on about if its the real thing. the ones you buy which people use on here are all tried and tested and with the hand held unit its easy to put on and take off at your own will.

like i say the 1st mods id do is either map,springs which makes the car more solid on the bends and gives it a nicer stance/look
then onto the other bolt on goodies like filter/intercooler/exhaust which consists of down pipe,de-cat or sports cat to be legal,cat back system with all them mods your creeping upto or going over 300bhp and monster torque.

·
Registered
241 Posts
QUOTE(olliest3 @ 15 Jan 2010, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for the advice, mine is the same colour as yours and the alloys need a refurb, do you have any pics you can send me as your wheels look great in grey. Do the Eibachs make a difference..??

Eibachs definitely improve handling and lowers about 25 mm which looks a lot better than standard (reduces those big gaps in the wheel arches!). Got my wheels refurbed in gunmetal at Pxwheels.com for £250 which they do on an exchange basis.
See following link for more pics of the wheels

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/merlin-Ref...oys-t60094.html

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
QUOTE(Liz-whizz @ 15 Jan 2010, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi and

Dont think youll get anywhere near 270 just with DS, add an intercooler and CAIS and then you might get near that figure.

Go for DS and you will notice a massive difference in power and you wont be able to take the smile off your face.

+1 on Eibachs though, keep an eye on the classifieds, there`s somethimes a set comes up for sale in there, depends on how soon you want them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.