Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been taking my friends into town, going down a dark road in Cramlington where i live and hit a pot hole, and thought nothing of it. Got into town and car came up saying check tire pressures. i thought there was nothing wrong so just drove home and car was fine.
Got home to find that actually the
side wall had split. and maybe damaged the wheel but will have to look tomorrow!
Really annoyed and will be getting straight onto the council cause i dont have the money for a tire never mind a new wheel! Well annoyed! I normally try and avoid then but this one was a biggin!

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Just been taking my friends into town, going down a dark road in Cramlington where i live and hit a pot hole, and thought nothing of it. Got into town and car came up saying check tire pressures. i thought there was nothing wrong so just drove home and car was fine.
Got home to find that actually the
side wall had split. and maybe damaged the wheel but will have to look tomorrow!
Really annoyed and will be getting straight onto the council cause i dont have the money for a tire never mind a new wheel! Well annoyed! I normally try and avoid then but this one was a biggin!
So with the tyre pressure warning, you didn't think to at least have a look at the tyre?

Good luck with the council, your best bet is that it's already been marked with spray paint so they're aware of it but just haven't filled it in yet. They're liable in that case I believe.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Take pictures of it with a ruler showing depth and size. Do it before contacting the council or all they will do is fill it in and deny it.
As above and send pics of damage of wheel tyre and get invoice from fords for new wheel. Dont take no for an asnwer you'll getpaid out in the end I did.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aye wheel is damaged and tire has a rip through the side wall ! here is a picture of the hole, and what is worse is that its outside of a bus stop so people standing on the bus about to get off have a chance of falling over and injuring them self, its really bad its 20inches across you cant avoid it!

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
That's shocking, that bit of road has all but disintegrated! Imagine what would happen if you had to do an emergency stop at that point :s

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Makes you laugh at the cost of car and council tax !!

Youve had the best advice above photos and invoices and deliver it in person or recorded delivery.

Good luck mate

·
Formerly Azionamento
2,760 Posts
If it's been reported then they are liable for any subsequent damage before it's repaired. They are meant to follow a regular road inspection procedure - the frequency depends on the type of road - with major 'A' roads being the most often down to unclassified least. If they haven't followed the guidelines or they found the fault but didn't repair it promptly then again they are liable.

I had a a damaged wheel and tyre from a pot hole but because I was the first to report it and they had followed the inspection guidelines (just) they refused to pay out

·
Registered
58 Posts
Get somebody to report it a few days before you send your stuff in for your claim but if somebody has not reported that ill eat my car keys, I've just got some damage on one of mine as well from a pot hole I'm seriously
off let me assure you no tyre damage though thankfully......

·
Registered
68 Posts
Good luck if you are claiming, it will get passed on to the councils claim handlers and they manage to get out of paying every time, unless it's a councillor claiming.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts