Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ST.... I cant stop driving it and with the new noise of the filter I love it. Went for a drive last night come back home, sat and watched a film till 1am then had to go out again for a ride... Really good fun but it cost me a full tank of petrol haha. whole tank of petrol in one and a half days oooops

just a question, when flooring it is there like a spike in power higher at the rev range possible 5.5 6K i didnt really look at the console cos the speed it was raking up. (standard map)

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Should be 3.5k when vvc changes ? No point going past 5.5k anyway as its really dropping off the power band by then . Wait till you try a mapped car or get yours mapped. Makes a std car feel like its sluggish

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5.5???? it pulls strong all the way to 7k... 5-6 ish it where I get the surge of power. Theres a little shove at 3-3.5 then again higher up

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
pmsl love it that u went out after 1 am after ya film !

wait till u get a facy exhaust and the noise it makes lol i am proper para about starting after midnight night mine well loud and love it in not bad when choke gone off lol ! i cant sneek about in my beaST

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
5.5???? it pulls strong all the way to 7k... 5-6 ish it where I get the surge of power. Theres a little shove at 3-3.5 then again higher up
thats exactly how mine is , It sort of gives you a taster at 3-4000 revs then you can actualy see the boost nedle jump up at around 4500-5000 + and it keeps going like @#IT of a shovel

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been for another ride, there is another kick right on 5k

Above posts^^^^^ if you always change gear at 5.5k you might as well go buy a TDI, if yours die after that there is something very wrong

·
Registered
418 Posts
just a question, when flooring it is there like a spike in power higher at the rev range possible 5.5 6K i didnt really look at the console cos the speed it was raking up. (standard map)
yeah mine does the same, i feel a small boost in power at about 3.5k then a proper shove at about 5 - 5.5k when the turbo really gets going! its really noticeable if you boot it in third gear up a steep hill, you really feel the difference once it gets going

·
Registered
58 Posts
The ST.... I cant stop driving it and with the new noise of the filter I love it. Went for a drive last night come back home, sat and watched a film till 1am then had to go out again for a ride... Really good fun but it cost me a full tank of petrol haha. whole tank of petrol in one and a half days oooops

I went out for a little ride late last night myself feel a little more confident now there's no ice about either to push it a tad more than usual
and mine does the same as yours when flooring it mines completely standard.......

·
Registered
253 Posts
Wait till its remapped mine shoves you in the seat at 3k and carries on pulling till 6.2k when the shift light lights up I flashed mine to standard the other day for the gf and felt like it was broke was that flat, drove her mums 1.3 cdti meriva Wednesday foot to the floor waiting for the turbo to spool and the shove nothing was flat doing nearly 4k rpm lol how I love my st more after the remap

·
Registered
967 Posts
I know the feeling...love mine.

Over the past week it's been a trusted travelling companion, a fun friend, a moving van and some eye candy.

Best buy I have made

·
Registered
732 Posts
I tend to change at about 6k as I find that drops me back into the powerband perfectly in the next gear, or into 'torque land' and it certainly makes a difference compared to letting it run high in the revs, I find it goes a bit flat towards the end of th revs.

I'm remapped though so might make a difference, and I've never liked revving a car too high either so suits me, that's why I could never own a vtec I couldn't get past the feeling that I was killing the car lol

I'm sure the st can take it though however you want to drive! I have a shift up light but I never see it because I always shift up before then. I love

1 - 12 of 12 Posts