Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Dont understand why this is a surprise to anyone. Wasn't the 4S launched 12 months after the 4?

Just the natural progression of the models. The 5S will purely be a 'facelift'
It's still gonna be 24 months until the next 'model' is launched. (I.e the 6)

·
Banned
7,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dont understand why this is a surprise to anyone. Wasn't the 4S launched 12 months after the 4?

Just the natural progression of the models. The 5S will purely be a 'facelift'
It's still gonna be 24 months until the next 'model' is launched. (I.e the 6)
Can't be a facelift as it'll look exactly like all the others ;-)

What I think it shows is apple moving further away from Samsung being their preferred component provider as their courtroom battles escalate. The different mounting points are from components sourced elsewhere, such as LG and HTC.

I heard that this is because Samsung raised their prices to take into account the $1billion US they may have to pay apple.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts

What I think it shows is apple moving further away from Samsung being their preferred component provider as their courtroom battles escalate. The different mounting points are from components sourced elsewhere, such as LG and HTC.

I heard that this is because Samsung raised their prices to take into account the $1billion US they may have to pay apple.
Alright then smarty pants. An internal facelift

·
Banned
7,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Daily Mail.

Makes no odds. Apple revise it every 9-12 months. Nothing has changed. I'll still buy it as will millions of others.
Possibly just not the same number of millions as before as Apples earnings, profits and share price slide.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts

Samsung are out pricing one of there biggest customers? Unlikely.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
I purposely chose to stay with my 4s even though I am due a free upgrade as I see no genuine reason to upgrade to the 5

·
Banned
7,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Samsung are out pricing one of there biggest customers? Unlikely.
Samsung will only sell on what they want. They won't sell on the pinacle of their tech to their closest rival and cirtainly not a rival trying to sue them out of the market. The amount the sell to apple is possibly only a fraction of what they make anyway. They a range of phones, where as Apple do one.

Personally I think Apple want to bring production in house now. Iirc they're starting to produce one of their computers in house. This way they can produce their own tech and not rely on buying others.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
not being racist or anything as I'm far from it... "Customers queue outside the Apple Store in Covent Garden, London"... But I find that picture very odd. Is this because they all buy as many as they can then sell them to their own countries for triple the price?.. If I was apple I would just sell to where ever these guys come from and forget London. cutting out the middle man.

Considering if I should remove this post... will post and consider over the next 10 minutes.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
I purposely chose to stay with my 4s even though I am due a free upgrade as I see no genuine reason to upgrade to the 5
Of friend of mine went from the 4s and said it wasn't much different.

I came from a 4 which was absolutely
so the 5 seems amazing in comparison

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
It's no surprise, Apple will release a phone every 12 months, no doubt the next one will be out around September.
I have a 4S due for renewal around September next year, will I go for the next iPhone? Who knows. It's safe to say I will go for a 4G service though. Just waiting to see what happens when other networks have 4G.

I live in Leeds so we get 4G coverage now, I don't have it personally but my brother in law does and it looks very impressive.

·
Gok Wan
2,642 Posts
I have the iPhone 3G 3GS and the 4s and now I have the Samsung s3 and it is the best phone I have had no more going on that
iTunes to but ring tones on my phone music on my phone apple just like to lock the phones so if you want to have all the good things on your phone you have to jail the
out of it to get what you get for free on the Samsung s3

Rant over lol

Samsung s3 the way to go

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
+1

Dead simple to do ringtones, message tones etc on iPhones . Certainly ain't paying for them regardless of what platform there on. And u don't have to jail break them either
It might be simple to do but it's not as simple as it is on Android!

I have had a 3GS, 4 and recently switched to Galaxy S3 and I've not looked back tbh! Not saying I'll never get another Apple product as I did like mine but had a few of reasons for changing,

1 - Sick of reading about Apple trying to dominate rather than compete
2 - Andoid has more customisation and is more 'open'
3 - Just fancied a change as all the changes and new iPhones all operate in the same way - nothing new to work out!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts