Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just come back from a power run at Geoff Bloor in Nottingham, and they were impressed with the results! When they lifted the bonnet, they did find that one of the vaccuum pipes wasn't actually connected to the boost pipe! Since nothing has been changed around there, it must of been like that since i bought it! Good old Ford dealers! Anyway, the results show the
is currently running at 266BHP, just with a K&N filter and DreamScience Race+ Remap. It does kinda make me want to get a bit nearer the 300 mark though...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(davechci @ 5 Jan 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Whats the setup like there? Thinking of getting mine on the rollers and this is within 30 miles of me.

TBH its the first/only setup i've been to, it was recommended to me by a friend. Seems like a decent setup though, I was gonna take pictures but they wouldn't allow me into the garage area. They do tuning there as well, but they don't do custom remaps any more. The staff were great, and said they've had quite a few STs in recently. They charge £28.40 for a power run, which I don't think is too bad, but then I don't know what anyone else charges!

·
Registered
557 Posts
QUOTEis currently running at 266BHP, just with a K&N filter and DreamScience Race+ Remap. It does kinda make me want to get a bit nearer the 300 mark though...

That is same setup as me from today. Looking at telling insurance im between 260-70 now, need a reasonably accurate figure.

Yes 300 would be nice, not sure about next part of the 'the mod bug' yet..

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
Nice to see somebody posting up a realistic power figure and being happy with it! Im not sure that the pipe that was disconected would make a lot of difference to the running of the car by the way! Later models only have 1 pipe there anyway! Dreaming about 300 bhp (and thats as close to 300 as half the ones that are claiming it!) is ok but dont forget that it would make the car harder to drive and in all honesty, in real life situations, slower!

·
Registered
557 Posts
QUOTEDreaming about 300 bhp (and thats as close to 300 as half the ones that are claiming it!) is ok but dont forget that it would make the car harder to drive and in all honesty, in real life situations, slower!

Why harder to drive?

Slower because of fwd traction problems?

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
QUOTE(fishface31a @ 9 Jan 2010, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Second question answers the first!

Go for the 300 target lol, add intercooler downpipe, sports cat and system and change Ds to mod-c! Once car straightens up it's seriously quick! (just ask me as it hammers my RS lol)

·
Registered
484 Posts
sounds like a good figure . im hoping for 270bhp with the same mods and a larger intercooler. i will be happy with 270bhp more than enough for everyday use.

·
Registered
557 Posts
QUOTESlower because of fwd traction problems? unsure.gif Second question answers the first!

Ok

QUOTEsounds like a good figure . im hoping for 270bhp with the same mods and a larger intercooler. i will be happy with 270bhp more than enough for everyday use.

According to DS, std car with just Race+ is 270bhp

http://www.dreamscience-automotive.co.uk/t...focus-st225.php

With IC etc ..

Like this - http://www.dreamscience-automotive.co.uk/t...25-modified.php

Are these inflated results??

Also (with a remapped car) will you notice much if you put an IC on in this weather or will it make no difference?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts