Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to change the brakes on my car only problem is my jack would fit under the car cause of the side skirts. I haven't lowered the car any ideas on how i could do this. I thought is it possible to use a Fiesta jack to raise it a bit the jack it up with the main jack? Or should i get a new jack that sits lower? think the clearence from my drive to side skirt is 100mm and the jack is 120mm.

adam

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
If it's a standard jack it should fit under your car no problem, I have had my car lowered and use the jack to raise the car up so I can get my trolley jack under.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yep Pauls is right the standard jack will fit under the side skirts - used mine today on level ground with no problem and mine is lowered too.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
A trolley jack is far safer and wouldn't trust the standard Ford one (apart from changing a puncture) to keep the car up when working on it and have seen a couple on here fail

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
spotted some of them on ebay found one with a light built in and sockets for the wheels.

cheers for your help guys

adam

·
Registered
219 Posts
Did mine last week and had the same issue - you can do what the others say and pop it up onto a paving stone/piece or wood or do what I did and turn each respective wheel inwards, slip the jack in between the tyre and the wheel well, jack it up, place your axle stand underneath and grab hold of the wheel, making sure the key is in the ignition so the steering lock doesn't engage, and straighten it up.

Robert is your mother's brother!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts