Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now running Windows 7 on a new laptop and want to create a ringtone for my iPhone from a song on iTunes.

I have done it before on XP and had no issues, however, when I drag the AAC version to my desktop, it won't let me change the format to .m4r.

Anyone know how to get around it?

Also... if I try and create a ringtone via iTunes with a song purchased from there, it keeps telling me that it "can't connect" ... again, any ideas?

Thank you all

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Do you need to convert the file format? Surely an Iphone can play a tune in Apple AAC format?

Other than that, i am really no use as I dont have an Iphone or windows 7...... sorry..

·
Registered
893 Posts
It might be just worth googling a file converter to change from AAC to m4r, if you know someone who has an Apple it's really simple as you can drag your mp3 from iTunes into Garage Band crop the song to how you want it then export it to iTunes ringtone

·
Registered
138 Posts
You can still do it, iv managed it.

You need to change the view of the window so you can see the file types and you can then rename it.

If you have no luck ill have a look when i get back home and post up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.