Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after having some memory pics come up on my phone, I thought I'd pop on and say hello, can't believe its over a year since last organising a Black mountain run out :oops: not sure where the time has gone, bit disappointing to see the S.Wales area so quiet :cry: not sure if there are any of the S.Wales members still on here? but had a quick look around the forum, pretty easy to navigate the new (to me :LOL:) layout, great to see the FSTOC still active as a whole and good to see some familiar old faces and steady stream of newbies keeping the place going. Hope everyone is well :giggle:

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome back bud, it won’t be long before you return to the ST fold, I’m sure. 😁
:LOL:... cheers mate, I think 14 years of Mondeo ST220 and Focus ST225 ownership is enough for me, thoroughly enjoyed it 99% of the time and for me you can't replicate those sounds, the MK2 RS is the only other Ford i'd own, not that I dislike the current ST or RS's, they just don't give 'me' that special feeling ! The N55 lump in the 2er has very good sound, and the ZF8 box is pretty awesome.....plus im a lazy git, who enjoys not having to change his own gears :LOL::LOL::LOL:.........BUT that said, never say never ;)

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,625 Posts
Hey Geoff, good to hear from you :)

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,625 Posts
Hey Sean, thanks mate, good to see your still on here buddy, hows the C43 treating you? I'm sure i've seen you on MBClub? :unsure:
It's a lovely motor Geoff, it can be a nice sensible cruiser as well as a monster that eats small children :ROFLMAO: Just a pity they're losing the V6 (and V8's) on future AMG C models. Possibly looking to come back to Ford in a V8 Mustang if the rumoured AWD on the S650 is true, high power RWD is useless where I live for at least half the year! But I so want to own a V8 before I can't. If not the next gen C43 looks likely but could be a while before there's an ex-demo available.

I am indeed on MB Club :)

Good to see you're enjoying your Beemer!

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's a lovely motor Geoff, it can be a nice sensible cruiser as well as a monster that eats small children :ROFLMAO: Just a pity they're losing the V6 (and V8's) on future AMG C models. Possibly looking to come back to Ford in a V8 Mustang if the rumoured AWD on the S650 is true, high power RWD is useless where I live for at least half the year! But I so want to own a V8 before I can't. If not the next gen C43 looks likely but could be a while before there's an ex-demo available.

I am indeed on MB Club :)

Good to see you're enjoying your Beemer!
I thought an AWD mustang was a pipe dream and Ford have already said they weren't going to produce it? Would of been great idea, my only issue with Ford is there auto box isn't very good, which surprises me, considering the most cars they produce in the states use them? Not sure I could go back to a manual.

Yeah the C43 is a lovely motor, I've been on the MB Club doing some research into the C63 W204, always wanted one but as time ticks on, the tech is pretty dated and also the interior compared to C63 bi turbo.....but V8 naturally aspirated lump sounds amazing and always wanted to get back into a V8 😊 .....decisions, decisions ! :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,625 Posts
I thought an AWD mustang was a pipe dream and Ford have already said they weren't going to produce it? Would of been great idea, my only issue with Ford is there auto box isn't very good, which surprises me, considering the most cars they produce in the states use them? Not sure I could go back to a manual.

Yeah the C43 is a lovely motor, I've been on the MB Club doing some research into the C63 W204, always wanted one but as time ticks on, the tech is pretty dated and also the interior compared to C63 bi turbo.....but V8 naturally aspirated lump sounds amazing and always wanted to get back into a V8 😊 .....decisions, decisions ! :LOL:
From what I've read Ford have a patent for the V8 which adds a separate electric motor to each front wheel, to reduce emissions and increase traction. There's various reports that say 'definitely no' and others that say they reckon it's coming, so we shall see! The box would need to be good, the one in the AMG is very quick and smooth, except if you use Sport+ mode around town when it gets a bit jerky because it just wants to bite people's faces off. Like you I love the auto and would be loathe to go back to a manual now. The interior would need to be pretty good too, the inside of the C class is pretty luxurious. But the V8....drool.... If they don't put AWD on the Mustang then I think my V8 dream is over, unless I go backwards in car age and I've never had much luck with older cars. My C43 is just out of warranty and I'm waiting for something expensive to fall off...

I considered a C63, albeit the W205 with the V8 bi-turbo. I chose the C43 because of the AWD, especially the fact that it's rear biased so you still get a bit of oversteer if you push it. A 500 bhp RWD monster would end up just sitting on my drive for half the year because it wouldn't be able to get very far without putting me in a ditch. The next C63 looks like it's going to be a proper hybrid monster of a car but way out of my price range.

We shall see - getting a new car at all at the moment is going to be a tough job no matter what we choose.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
From what I've read Ford have a patent for the V8 which adds a separate electric motor to each front wheel, to reduce emissions and increase traction. There's various reports that say 'definitely no' and others that say they reckon it's coming, so we shall see! The box would need to be good, the one in the AMG is very quick and smooth, except if you use Sport+ mode around town when it gets a bit jerky because it just wants to bite people's faces off. Like you I love the auto and would be loathe to go back to a manual now. The interior would need to be pretty good too, the inside of the C class is pretty luxurious. But the V8....drool.... If they don't put AWD on the Mustang then I think my V8 dream is over, unless I go backwards in car age and I've never had much luck with older cars. My C43 is just out of warranty and I'm waiting for something expensive to fall off...

I considered a C63, albeit the W205 with the V8 bi-turbo. I chose the C43 because of the AWD, especially the fact that it's rear biased so you still get a bit of oversteer if you push it. A 500 bhp RWD monster would end up just sitting on my drive for half the year because it wouldn't be able to get very far without putting me in a ditch. The next C63 looks like it's going to be a proper hybrid monster of a car but way out of my price range.

We shall see - getting a new car at all at the moment is going to be a tough job no matter what we choose.
Hadn't heard about the patent, an AWD Mustang with a good auto would be a decent affordable alternative to some of the other brands, not sure you Ford can compete with the Mercs when it comes to interiors, you've deffo been spoilt with the C43, can imagine a lot of options will disappoint compared to that. Are you looking at extended warranty, I remember when the E92 M3 came out of it's warranty period, it felt like it developed a new noise every other day and wondered when it was going to spin a bearing or a throttle actuator die, obviously all in my head but I'd already priced them just incase :LOL:

* I keep getting a boots advert blocking my replying to this post, I have to log off and log back in to finish the post....is this the new norm ? :unsure:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Hey Jon, hows the ST ? Weren't you looking to change the subframe out on it ? the S.Wales section looks a little quiet mate, looks like your the most active Welsh member (y)
Yes mate ST is great , rear subframes all done now , everything is brand new under there with all new toe , camber arms with all the rest being polybushed . , recently changed the rear bumper as mine had a small crack and fitted the bigger RSparts diffuser , plus a member on here had some crossover pipes fabricated so I converted it to run the RS airbox , just need to use it more 🤣🤣

1 - 20 of 22 Posts