Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just gone out and bought a couple of ISOFIX brackets for our ST and our other Focus. I thought they would be easy to fit, just two bolts and I'm done!!

I have located the two holes for the bracket bolts (filled with rubber plugs). I have found though that the angle at which the bolts are screwed in will mean that the socket driver will be very tight against the seat back or may even require the seat back removal.

Has anyone had experience of fitting these brackets? And if so, does the seat back need removing?

Thanks in advance,
Stephen

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Is is tight - even tighter with the sculpted rears in the 3. I did manage it in the end but used one of those little socket adapters allowing you to turn it at at angle (sorry - I forget the real name for the little thingy). I didn't take the seats out.

First one took about 45 mins with a few choice words. The 2nd wasn't so bad once I worked it all out from doing the first.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
They are available from the stealer for about £20 a side.

Re fitting, My extentions bar allows a little bit of an angle to get the torx socket in, you fo have to put a little preasure against the seat back (Lean the seatback forward first to open the gap etc) I got a little bit of cardboard (cornflake box between the leather and the socket/extention bar to protect it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts