Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a look at my Contisport 5s (which have been fantastic) and my rear tyres have less tread left than the front ones. The wear on each tyre is perfectly even across the tyre width, it's just the rears seem to have gone down more quickly. I enjoy a corner, but I would have thought the torque through the fronts would have killed them before the rears went. I keep each tyre at 33psi and the car is standard apart from the air filter (no uprated RARB or anything like that).

Anyone else had this?

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses! It is a bit strange. I'm not unduly worried because the wear is even on both sides, but it is strange. The wheels haven't been off since the tyres were fitted (right after I had the major service).

· Registered
1,432 Posts
I had Conti 5s all round that wore oddly on the rear. My wear was lumpy though.Whatever "lumpy" is? Main dealer speak. Changed to Goodyear in the end, the Conti were very noisy.

Interesting point on the brakes though. I did have the slider pins issue at the time with the Moo Cow reverse noise.

· Registered
7,019 Posts
If you are checking your alignment check that the toe & camber are good on the back. They are not really that adjustable but if your various bushes etc are worn (given the age of our vehicles now) then it might be out. Large camber is easy to see looking behind the vehicle but toe in/out less so & excessive toe would cause the tyres to scrub & wear faster.

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you are checking your alignment check that the toe & camber are good on the back. They are not really that adjustable but if your various bushes etc are worn (given the age of our vehicles now) then it might be out. Large camber is easy to see looking behind the vehicle but toe in/out less so & excessive toe would cause the tyres to scrub & wear faster.
Thanks Nick, will bear that in mind when I go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.