Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, without sounding thick! Today whilst reversing i noticed that the rear wiper was working intermitently. It was raining at the time and i did have the front wipers on the first stage (intermitent wipe) and the rear wiper was definately not on. Just wondered if this is the normal behaviour for the
? i was gonna get out and see if it would park itself!

·
Registered
369 Posts
this is a little 'surprise and delight' feature, when you select reverse if the wipers are on, the rear wiper will action for you.

Just a little feature.

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
QUOTE(craney @ 16 Feb 2010, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ok, without sounding thick! Today whilst reversing i noticed that the rear wiper was working intermitently. It was raining at the time and i did have the front wipers on the first stage (intermitent wipe) and the rear wiper was definately not on. Just wondered if this is the normal behaviour for the
? i was gonna get out and see if it would park itself!

it's perfectly normal, and I think it's quite a cool feature

As for parking itself - I've not tried that but who knows!

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Don't worry mate as this is normal. If you have the windscreen wipers on properly then the rear wiper stays on with the car in reverse. When this doesn't happen you need to worry

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I found out today about the fronts as well. when they are going normal without stopping, park up and they then go to intermittently.

Les

·
Registered
315 Posts
QUOTE(Les @ 16 Feb 2010, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I found out today about the fronts as well. when they are going normal without stopping, park up and they then go to intermittently.

Les

havent noticed that one yet, but another little bonus!

*edit* just mentioned this to the missus and she has noticed that one!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Personally I hate the auto rear wipe. Most of the time the back window is plastered in grit and dirt thanks to no mudflaps and the very shallow window angle. Unless the car has just been washed, or its raining heavily, the wipers just smearing dirt or scoring the glass. End up turning the front wipers off before selecting reverse. Almost as annoying as the heated screens coming on automatically below 5C.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I'm no fan of the auto rear wiper, as said, my rear window is almost always dirty no matter how hard I try to keep it clean. I reverse out of my parking spot with my wipers off no matter the weather or state of the window. Most of the time it'll need a single wipe but the auto wipe just keeps on going and going making a mess.

·
Registered
150 Posts
QUOTE(colin-mck @ 17 Feb 2010, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Personally I hate the auto rear wipe. Most of the time the back window is plastered in grit and dirt thanks to no mudflaps and the very shallow window angle. Unless the car has just been washed, or its raining heavily, the wipers just smearing dirt or scoring the glass. End up turning the front wipers off before selecting reverse. Almost as annoying as the heated screens coming on automatically below 5C.

my 07 plate doesnt do that, so is it just the face lifts?

·
Registered
557 Posts
QUOTE(mark 103 @ 17 Feb 2010, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>my 07 does ??

mine too.

When I first had the car I was always thinking I must have it on the wrong setting (stalk forward, or back etc.). Worked it out when driving then I noticed it doing it again, I thought this car has mind of own
But now you mention it (never thought about it much after!) its the reverse thing!
I personally think its a cool thing.

Noticed the switch front wipers switch to intermittent to (is actually in drivers manual too if I read it
) cool feature.

Think there should be some tiny toggle switches somewhere on the stalk so everycome can decide what they want and everyone happy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts