Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
is this normal for this to boost only this much, been like this for the year i have owned it, never gone over the first line, no lights on or faults, seems low to what other people have said.

This is what it is like in every gear with foot to the floor.

·
Registered
379 Posts
the yellow line is where mine boosts when i floor it from 3rd gear upwards, and the blue line is where it settles.

if i keep my foot to the floor it mainly sits at the blue line. Only jumps to yellow to begin with

·
Registered
17 Posts
[quote name='Glenster' date='18 Jan 2010, 09:39 PM' post='644398']
the yellow line is where mine boosts when i floor it from 3rd gear upwards, and the blue line is where it settles.

if i keep my foot to the floor it mainly sits at the blue line. Only jumps to yellow to begin with

So i seem to have a problem with mine?, any ideas?

thanks

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
could be one of several things and i,m sure someone more technically competent than me wll advise you, but one thing is for sure, getting it fixed should put a smile on your face, bet it must have felt like driving a VXR for a year going that slow

·
Registered
59 Posts
try 3rd or 4th foot to floor for few seconds lift off then straight back to the floor ,boost should jump just over half way ish then settle to first mark

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
looks like its in limp mode if thats all its boosting.
mine goes into the red, but then mine is remapped. even standard should be much higher than that. ford garage me thinks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
hiya mate , have you tried pulling the kam fuse out ,?
its fuse 26 under the bonnet , pull out the fuse leave it out for 30mins and replace it and then try it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi

thanks for all the replies, I have tried kam fuse for a few hours with no effect.

Looks like a trip to Ford this week. Really want to get this car running right

Steve

·
Vendor
2,676 Posts
As the other member have posted it should be boosting higher than that. - If your local dealer is unable to sort it you can bring it up to us to take a look. It could be one of several thing that coulds be causing it.

You can call us on 0161 406 9797 if you need more information or help.

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
Mine boosted to about that when the MAF sensor was knackered! It ran fine with the DS remap but if you put it back to stock it only boosted to a quarter!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(fishface31a @ 19 Jan 2010, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine boosted to about that when the MAF sensor was knackered! It ran fine with the DS remap but if you put it back to stock it only boosted to a quarter!

Would there be a light on the dash if the MAF sensor was knackered? Where is the sensor located? Is there any way of testing it?

Thanks

( sorry for all the questions )

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
no light i dont think mate. its on the air intake. just by the air box. its a sensor in a tube piece and alot of people clean them with electrical contact cleaner which makes a differance. you need a dealer to read any fault codes..

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Mine boosts to the 1st mark, then when it hits 4k roughtly it hits halfway or where the blue marker is.

Les

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(smithy234 @ 19 Jan 2010, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Would there be a light on the dash if the MAF sensor was knackered? Where is the sensor located? Is there any way of testing it?

Thanks

( sorry for all the questions )

When mine went the ESP didnt work and the engine light and ESP lights were all on! I have heard of it going and not giving any lights though! Only way to be really sure is to swap it out for one that you know works! If you know somebody with an ST see if you can talk them into letting you try theirs! Its an easy swap if you get the right 5 pointed security Torx bit! Takes a bit longer without it though as you would have to swap the whole sensor bodies over!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
the way the VAG guys (vw and audi) shown me was to disconect the MAF air flow meter and if the car drives the same its nakered. if it drives worse its fine and something else is wrong then...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(gray @ 19 Jan 2010, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the way the VAG guys (vw and audi) shown me was to disconect the MAF air flow meter and if the car drives the same its nakered. if it drives worse its fine and something else is wrong then...

I disconnected it and started it tonight. It came up with ESP failure ( I think ) on the dash.

Does that mean it's working correctly? Didn't want to run it as I didn't know if it would do any damage?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Disconnect the MAF and drive it....if it drives the same only boosts to what it did when it was plugged in then it is knackered

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(Ginno78 @ 28 Jan 2010, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Disconnect the MAF and drive it....if it drives the same only boosts to what it did when it was plugged in then it is knackered

MAF ordered today hopefully get it in the morning. Hopefully will run properly for this first time since I owned it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts