Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hi Guys

Ok a dealer has offered me an Orange 07 plate 3 door focus st3 with possibly the built in sat nav for £13,000. It has 25,000 miles on the clock. What do you guys think of the price and what would you try to get it down to?

Any opinions or advice would be appreciated!

Cheers

Joe

·
Registered
773 Posts
It seems about right after a quick scoot around Pistonheads and there was an ST2 at our local dealers on a 55 plate for £12k, so it doesn't seem too bad.

However the is an ST3 listed on there with full mountune upgrade on a 07 plate for £13950. That upgrade costs around the £2k mark so I'd try to get the dealer down some more.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(LawwaST @ 27 Feb 2010, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It seems about after after a quick scoot around Pistonheads and there was an ST2 at our local dealers on a 55 plate for £12k, so it doesn't seem too bad.

However the is an ST3 listed on there with full mountune upgrade on a 07 plate for £13950. That upgrade costs around the £2k mark so I'd try to get the dealer down some more.

I was thinking of asking for 12.5k with a years free warranty is that too cheeky?

Joe

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
ask for it mate, they can only say no to you, but they may just say yes, depends how desperate they are to sell a car!!

i got an 06 EO ST-2 23k miles complete minter, for £10.8k, got it reduced from 12K but i also had a trade in to haggle with, that was only in Jan this year. think thats about average price i paid, as i thought they had it overpriced at £12k to begin with. Only got balance warranty thought that was about a month, but the saving was worth it. Either way im happy with what i paid and what i got, which is the main thing i guess.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'd print off the ads from Pistonheads and go armed with them, then start about £12k. That way if you settle at about £12.5k then you are both happy. They key is to remember that you have the power here - they want the sale and the only thing stopping them is you.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I just did a search on Arnold Clarks website and most of their 07 plate STs are around the £11.5 - £12k mark!!! Have a look, print off a few and ask them what their best offer is. If it's not reasonable based on what you have in your hand then be prepared to walk away - 99% of the time, they'll come after you!

·
1,285 Posts
Ours was a 56 reg ST3 with 19k on the clock ... on the forecourt for £12995 and I talked him down to £11200 !!! (Aug 2009)

Always always always... take them down to the lowest price possible... never accept whats on the screen !!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
The moment the dealer is prepared to let you 'walk away', to 'go and think about it' is where you have their best offer.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just went onto the "what car" used car valuation and it says i should be looking to pay £11350 from a dealer..this is going to be an epic haggle!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thought I would add a quick update on this one. Printed some other focus prices that I had seen online and went to Evans Halshaw fully prepared for an epic haggle. They wouldn't even budge a penny so I walked away expecting them to shout me back .......but nothing lol. eedless to say the car is still there for sale
.gif[/img] and I found an st-2 £1250 cheaper elsewhere lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts