Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
hi all i recently had my car stolen so now i want to get rid of it my car is a 55 plate the deal i have been offered is a black 07 plate with 3 years warranty and 12 months road tax total cost 17500ish it has sat nav,bluetooth,and parking sencers.
they also offered me 7800 for my car with 33k in near mint condition
is it worth goin for the same model or should i wait for awhile and get a newer 1??

thanks for any advice

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Allan @ 9 Feb 2010, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's very expensive for an 07 plate IMO.

im carring 3.5k negative eq where they have offered me
money for my car car is listed at 14995, but the deal they gave me was total 17500

·
Registered
659 Posts
QUOTE(MatST-3 @ 9 Feb 2010, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>im carring 3.5k negative eq where they have offered me
money for my car car is listed at 14995, but the deal they gave me was total 17500

Even at 14,995k i think their are better deals/buys to be had, check out pistonheads or haggle like

Best of luck

Mike

·
Registered
675 Posts
Negative Equity in a car is not a good thing. You have to take into consideration that the car will depreciate fast, and that negative equity is going to get greater. The last thing you want is to get in a position where you need to get rid of the car and be a million miles away from what you owe. Its easy as pie to just put it on chucky. If I were you, Id consider selling and buying privately. Pick up a good un for a little less money, get a 3rd party warranty if thats your concern, and minimise the deficit a little. If you look around there are bargains to be had, especially this time of year when the new registrations are coming out. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
241 Posts
QUOTE(chrisd @ 9 Feb 2010, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Negative Equity in a car is not a good thing. You have to take into consideration that the car will depreciate fast, and that negative equity is going to get greater. The last thing you want is to get in a position where you need to get rid of the car and be a million miles away from what you owe. Its easy as pie to just put it on chucky. If I were you, Id consider selling and buying privately. Pick up a good un for a little less money, get a 3rd party warranty if thats your concern, and minimise the deficit a little. If you look around there are bargains to be had, especially this time of year when the new registrations are coming out. Just my opinion though.

Totally agree and 14995 is very expensive for an 07 plate. You'd probably pick one up privately for around 11k to 12k.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi all well i went to another dealer and they told me that the car is priced 2k over the market value
dont know how they get away with it wont be goin there again thats a main dealer aswell, and i bought my current
from them and my mondeo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts